Please help with ID :)

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Hi everyone! I received this daylily as a NOID and it's finally blooming - does anyone out in DG land happen to know the cultivar. Thanks!

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me
(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Still trying to ID this pretty day lily - can anyone help, please?

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

If you can measure the height of the bloom scape and the width of the bloom. You can do a advance search on the link below and it will bring up possible suspects. It can be hard to ID daylilies, there are over 60,000 registered cultivars. This is the best way I know to try to find a ID for one. Good Luck!
http://www.daylilydatabase.org/search.php

Happy Gardening!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I have no clue either!

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm still looking LOL

This message was edited Aug 13, 2014 8:23 AM

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Chris, It might not be a registered daylily. There are hundreds of daylilies people hybridize and never register. I have several that have never been registered. You can give it any name you want. You could name it after the sweat heart in your Avatar, or any body you want. It's a pretty daylily, Sorry I'm not able to help you more.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

If it was more recurved, it would like like Real Wind.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I've actually wondered if it might be a hybrid that was accidently given to me as something else. I also have a different daylily that is a double - but I've never bought a double lol. It's always an adventure buying these at the local farmers markets :)

If I'm naming it after my DGD in my avatar, then it has to be a 'Kool Kailey' daylily :)

I think I like that!

Edited to add: I've also wondered how many times someone has a NOID and just decides to name them whatever they want to call it lol

This message was edited Aug 20, 2014 7:06 AM

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Chris, I like that name.

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Chris. This is Real Wind. I like you name for it. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry, I've not been on lately. I love the name Kool Kailey Daylily. It sounds great.

I give my noid daylilies, names all the time. I list them as noids if I post pictures of them. In my garden they are friends and relatives and pets. It makes it easier to identify them on my garden maps. It would be hard to map 10 noid daylilies. :-)
Here are a few of my favorite noids.

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone :) And Taylordaylily, I like the idea of just naming all NOIDs with special names!

I've since received a D-mail from another member "FrillyLily" - she believes it might be Decatur Apricot. I've compared my picture to the one in the plant file and I'm thinking it might just be. The bloom size is off though, so I'll compare again next year when my plant is more established. :)

But she's still Kool Kailey for now! lol

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I think, FrillyLily is correct about Decatur Apricot. Bloom size and scape height can be off the first year or two a daylily is planted. I like, Kool Kailey Daylily better. Lol It could always have a great Nickname. :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.