Polymerous Blooms

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Chief Four Fingers is registered as polymerous, but disappoints quite often in our garden,. This is a nice example of when it does.
Caribbean Whipped Cream is not registered as poly, but often is in our garden. We like it a lot either way.
Give Me Eight is registered as Poly and usually is.
Octomom is registered as poly and almost always is.

Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar Thumbnail by gingerjar
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I had a couple of polys today but will post them tomorrow.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

NUEVA NOVA, LAVENDER REFLECTIONS, CHINESE TEMPLE FLOWER

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

I just think it makes them special. We had one called So Many stars a few years ago that had five of each and it was really spectacular.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Those are nice one Cindy and Don.
Don I guess that you didn't see this. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366063/
Chief Four Fingers
Seedling
Apricot Sparkles
Roman Cohort
Red Hot Returns

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bela Lugosi
Noid - polys quiet often
Northern Rose - ffo
Fairy Tale Pink
Sunset Returns

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Victorian Lace
Endless Heart
Seedling
Annabelle's Blush
Ah Youth

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I may sound dumb, but what causes polies? BEV

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Some cultivars that do it a lot have been hybridized to have that trait. Many others do it occasionally, but I'm not sure that the cause is really known. Just enjoy when it appears.
Zip Boom Bah did it in our garden today.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Nice one!!! I hope mine polys.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

That's a nice one. Went back out yesterday and found this one after the rain was done with it.
Intergalactic Interlude
Prairie Wildfire
Carol Todd - this one had two today.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Got this as Border Music from R & R which it's not. Does bloom for quiet awhile. In fact I got two of these for two different plants. The other was suppose to be Martina Verhaert.

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Carol Todd is really pretty anyway, but this is almost too much.

La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

New Note-hard to count all the petals!!

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Emperor's Dragon gave me a poly. It looks better as a poly. Lol

Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Don and TD I like those two.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Rebekah's Gothic Spider had a poly bloom today.

Thumbnail by hemlady
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Mike!

Hemlady, I love Rebekah's Gothic Spider. She looks even better as a poly! Beautiful!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks TD!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, I agree with TD. Nice poly!

Concord, NC

We Have Grown 'CLEO by Hayward 1938' for a number of years now, my son got it from his friend Robin at Earlybird Daylilies in Garden City Kansas about 5 years ago, he won 10 blooming size fans from her. We now have 2 huge 3ft x 3ft clumps of it on each side of the backyard. we had divided 3 fans off one of the main clumps 2 years ago and planted it coming up our driveway. This was the very first Poly Bloom we have ever had of it about 3 weeks ago on the driveway clump in late June 2014 and might be the last because ive talked to some people about it who also grow Cleo and they said they have never seen theirs Poly.

Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

Heres another one of my son's 'DARK STAR by Connell 1953'. It Seems to Poly on Multiple Blooms about Every other Year. No Poly Blooms 2014 but quite a few Last Year May 2013.

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

Heres 'RETURN TO OZ by Herrington' in our garden, had a couple poly blooms on it this year 2014, and my son holding up 'FLY LIKE AN EAGLE by Shooter' at Marietta Gardens in the rain.

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Concord, NC

'BlueBird Sky by Stamile' This Poly Bloomed for us in 2011 on only one Bloom and none since. Very Rare!

Thumbnail by themikesmom
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Janet Benz was poly today.

Thumbnail by gingerjar
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Themikesmom and Don love all those beautiful polys.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

AT FIRST BLUSH 5X5 BLOOM

Thumbnail by hemlady
La Plata, MD(Zone 7a)

Really like that AFB!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy I agree with Don!!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks. I don't remember it ever doing that before.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

The latest sightings around here.
Thin Man
Malaysian Monarch
Alabama Jubilee
Kanai Sensei - spotted this one late in the day.
Give Me Eight - four big blooms

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Rocket Booster - polys on the regular. I know, grammar. LOL!
Lavender Handlebars - a little on the beat up side.
Ah Youth
Gudrid
On And On

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Legends Of The Fall
Four Play
Freewheelin
Cajun Sunshine - trying to double or poly, you decide. LOL!
Isolde - winding down

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Open Hearth - the only poly on this one this season.
Big Snowbird - blooming on a 2013 prolif.
Fairy Tale Pink
Winter Romance
Ok. Back outside to search for polys. Remember to look at every bloom, especially the ones that are facing away from your normal viewing point. You will be surprise on what you will find.
Mike

Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB Thumbnail by HazelCrestMikeB
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Wow Mike, you sure had a lot of polys.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Beautiful Poly's!

Mike, lol Who has time to look at every bloom? I can't even reach most of mine. :-)

Here is a poly from a noid.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

TD, the pic didn't load??? All it take is a quick glance to see if you need to look closer.
Cindy, I have no explanation for all the polys.
Mama's Cherry Pie
Entrapment
Cajun Sunshine - a better display.
Ah Youth - does it a lot with a high bud count on top of that.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

DG must be having problems. Posted four previously. got a error message and reposted and only one went thru.
Entrapment
Cajun Sunshine
Ah Youth

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Only posting one at a time. Will try tomorrow.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

It won't let me post a picture on this thread. It keeps trying to download pictures to dmails, this morning. Lol Something is wrong! I hope it's not me. Lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.