Fairy Garden Swap: Interest and Chat Part 2

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Think I could dig to china from my yard and not find a rock. I use to go to southern missouri and visit my Mom and bring rocks home...lol Course all my gravel in the drives and etc end up going to china.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Who wants a metamorphic rock in their fairy garden? Colors are mostly grey with some crystal between.. will take photos later...

(edited to spell "metamorphic" properly)...

This message was edited Jul 16, 2014 3:40 PM

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I would love a rock. We have millions of ordinary rocks in the yard. They seem to grow when ever it rains

Here's a few color variations in the metamorphic rocks.... even a crystal. We have crystal fields here..
The brown tones are iron sediments. Gives a nice accent.

a photo of my fairy garden so far.... only the planter, stump + dragon ....lol
and then the wooden planter I turned upside down to make a stone house...glued more pebbles on top, then Thompsons water seal yesterday... Still lots to do...

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Those are pretty!

Beautiful rocks, love the dragon on top of the stump, too cute.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Very pretty rocks

Ocean Springs, MS

Love the sphere! Can buy them at Hobby Lobby or Michaels! Also look on ebay. Lot cheaper to make one!

I love rocks. I collect them on all my travels. Sh! Don't tell, but I even have a few pebbles from Niagara Falls! Yes, I actually put my feet in the water and got a few pebbles! LOL

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Me, me, me! Waving desperately here. I'm a rock hound, ask anybody! When the DG girls came to my house in 2010, all I asked was that they bring me a rock. So that year I got them from MI, NC, Canada, OH, AR, TX (right Linda Kay?) IL (right, Judy?) and AL (right Kathy?)! I'd love to have one from CA!

My latest rock is from Ireland! One of my friends just went on a trip there and to the world flower show! Would have loved going to that, but glad I got a rock anyway!!

Live the pictures you all are posting.

more rocks....including quartz....
.... a cross in the rock...
.... a crystal clear crystal
... a sage green

these are only a few of many....LOL

Can send a small metamorphic rock for postage ....

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Yes, I sent a rock from Texas.

Good things about rocks:
1. You don't have to feed or water them
2. Can;t kill them
3. usually free for the taking
4. weather doesn't usually bother them
5. dogs won't lay on them
6. and they are useful...lol

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Love all those good things about rocks!
I live with a rock hound....he's taken rocks from everywhere....even Mt. Vesuvius in Italy! I've been lovingly shoved out of the car and told "quick - get that rock"......we have so many! Love love love them!

Ocean Springs, MS

Good advice about rocks, Happ! I love rocks almost as much as I love plants! LOL

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I agree ... rocks definitely rock!! ♥ A few of mine that I carried across the country.

There used to be a decorated rock swap on here somewhere. I think rvnsbruk (Juanita/Neener) hosted it originally. I wish someone would do that swap again over the winter when we're all not so busy with our plants.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

I am at the hospital,, but when I get home I will take a picture or two of some of my rocks! I live very close to Sylacauga, Al, which is the marble capital of the world! Does any one want some really pretty marble SAND?? Stuff feels like silk. I can get a bucketful at the quarry.

Babette, I may have something you would like here. I will send you a rock and a surprise next week.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

oh, elfie, I would love marble sand, pweeeze.
hope you get out of the hospital soon. I am praying for you

Miss Kitty, I am not in the hospital,, I am at the hospital... Lol. Just water therapy today. Will find out next week about the surgery.
I will be glad so get you some sand. It is sooooo pretty.

Here is my one and only rock, a farmer dug it up in a field and knew I loved them so he brought it to me. I was in 7th heaven to say the least. the theory is the rocks came down in in the glaciers, they are red granite.

Pic of spring and summer.

This message was edited Jul 17, 2014 8:31 AM

Thumbnail by happgarden Thumbnail by happgarden
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

gonna put it in my fairy garden. glad your not in the hospital

That is soooo pretty. I gots a bigun too!!

So you need about a gallon of sand??

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

nice rock, beautiful garden

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

yes elfie, if'n it ain't too much trouble

I can get that for ya... I have to be in Birmingham on the 30th. I am really wanting to go up to the big thrift shop near you in Bessemer that day. We could arrange to meet there then??

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

as far as I no I can, so lets plan on it

Love your garden Happ...so pretty..
AliKat ~ Ric is a rock hound too... but "lovingly" shoved out of the car?... lol....
Cville_Gardener - a rock swap ~ yes, please ask rvnsbruk (Juanita/Neener) if she wants to host another swap. Would love to join...Also love your rocks and your painted ones are adorable..
Elfie - Hope you are feeling better.
Anyone want a rock for postage?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

me,me,me pweeze

I'll post photos of rocks later on that are available for postage....
then you can choose which one.....

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks, SP.

Juanita doesn't post anymore but maybe someone else will step up to do a rock swap later on. I'll think about it myself for the winter.

Here's a link to one of the previous rock swaps: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1149754/

My granite rock was moved and set with a truck crane. Nice to know farmers. ;)

Ocean Springs, MS

Rocks are all over my gardens. Some to decorate pots. Others surround my little pond. some here and there! I ordered a 3-tiered planter for my indoor fairy garden. Decided against the birdbath idea. I'll post a pic of the planter soon. I like it because the upper plants can cascade down to the lower ones and I can put taller plants in the back!

Happ ~ Wow... nice big rock....did you do a trade with the farmers?
Froggies ~ that must be so very nice ~ oh, I'm still rooting the tri-color sedum for you... some have small roots already....and took more cuttings today.....

it finally rained.... and we had hail....and thunder.... dry sky.... ooOOOoo ... its so cool outside..
going back out to glue more pebbles... making the stone fronts stand on a layer of pebbles...

after the rain ~ the fairy garden now has a Silver Tip Pine Tree planted.....
and then one stone front with accents placed on the pebbles platform awaiting to dry.

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens

SP i love the pics, too darn cute. I am going to do an outside garden. Last year or 2 years ago cant remember I did one on the porch with the miniature swap that we had. It was alot of fun. I got some of the coolest things for the mini garden.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Very cute pics.

Ocean Springs, MS

SP. I am trying to find something to trade for the tri-color sedum. I ordered some spike moss and could get some of it to root for you. The little plants are already growing aerial roots!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Where did you order the spike moss?

spike moss.... sounds nice .....Froggie ~..I need your addy...
Kathy ~ check your mail...:-)
my new dragons may be arriving today.... or tomorrow at the latest....
2 year old Mable inspired me in designing the colorful entrance on the stone front house.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

No boxes except one thing I ordered

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.