Fairy Garden Swap: Interest and Chat Part 2

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Love the new dragon SP. Nice. Man I was looking on different sites that stuff is pricey. I will have to look back on the htreds and look at what elfie and all the rest of you posted. Baby shower today for my daughter.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Faye. Welcome back. :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Welcome, Faye! Hope you will join the swap with us!

Love the dragon, SP!

Joyce, I have some Mr. Clean erasers! Will try it! Thanks. Take care of that poison ivy!

Builders coming again today, so I'll be busy with them. Catch up with everyone later. Have a great day!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

I bought a birdhouse (on clearance) that I am remodeling for a "fairy /gnome home" I forgot to take a "before" picture, but they still have them at the store I got it from, so I will take a picture,next time I go in there. That way I can post "before" and "after". when I get it finished.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Wow. All your pictures are so good . . . I am feeling unworthy! I better get started!

Oh my.. a dragon.. Elfie loves her dragons!!!

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Elfie loves dragons!
They're so mystical, enchanting...and will protect my precious fairy and her garden

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Just checking in. Dragons are good, I have a thing for dinosaurs, they're kind of dragon-like.
Been busy gardening and cement working. I found some new ground cover, Scottish moss, it's got little teeny tiny daisy flowers. So I cleaned up the fairy garden and planted moss.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee

Looking good. Love the tree.... and your designs.
Thought I start something different......still much to do....

Thumbnail by SPGardens
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

That's an interesting looking fairy house. I should make a rock front fairy house, I have some tiling experience. They are really cute.
The tree is (I believe) some kind of privet. It's taken well to being bonsai and trims up nicely.

Ocean Springs, MS

Domehomedee, how big is your planter? I'd love to get something like it next year when I do my outdoor garden. Thanks!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

It's planted in half of an old weber grill. It's a good size for a small fairy garden.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh, I have a couple of those here. I will start getting it ready! Did you paint it?

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

such a cute dragon

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

You're going to join this swap, right, Sissy?

She sure is! ^_^

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

yup, just ordered a few little things. my mind is whirling!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

So I like the idea of using a clay pot for a home sounds really cute. Was trying to use a pop bottle to flimsy. I am just so tired I feel like I never get a good nights sleep. I do get up at 4 a.m. but lOts of peeps do. Can not get any energy.

Take extra vitamins.... or protein drinks ~ with a flavor is even better...or a multivitamin/mineral shake....... get a manicure and a massage will help also... LoL

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I painted the weber grill with that brown primer as it was starting to rust. You could spray paint it any color you want but in order to really see it you'll need to put it up on something. Mine is just sitting on a cement tree ring to keep it off the wet soil and you really don't see much of it.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

GL, I use to get up at 4:30 to work and I didn't even know how tired I was until I retired. I have never been a big sleeper, but 4:30 is NOT a good thing. How was the baby shower? Bet you had alot of fun. Well got a million things to do today. DGD is coming on Wednesday night to spend a few days so I won't get anything done. Tonight over to my sisters for family dinner so we can play with the new baby. Later everyone.

Ocean Springs, MS

Top of a weber grill? Don't have one, but I'm sure I can find one. LOL Or at least it gives me an idea of something else I could use!

I've ordered some things, too! Can't wait to get them. Will be sharing with my buddy when the swap begins! ;)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I ordered some things, but haven't got a fairy house yet. maybe next week

Ordered another dragon today... coming in the mail in a few days.
Lucky buddy will get a dragon ( if buddy wants one)... and other goodies.

Where do you get your dragons from? They are so pretty!

Toy store here in Tahoe. And then the same one on Ebay!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh, the baby shower was so awesome she got a ton of really nice things she has lots of peeps who love her. Some wonderful friends from work so she is fortunate.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

The pink pig blanket is so cute her mother in law made it for Avery. The other is a pic of both of my daughters. Her and some friends gifts and the cake.

Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123 Thumbnail by gardenlady123
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Beautiful Pics Gardenlady!! and Congrats!!! :) I cant help but think I seen or met her somewhere lol. Did she graduate from Otsego?

PS My hobby lobby has fairy garden furniture ect 80% off!! I scored yesterday lol. Metal benches ect for $1..I couldnt say no! Im ready for the swap! :D

Ronna, looks like she had a lot of nice gifts, love that blanket!
Thanks for the info about Hobby Lobby, I am heading to San Antonio this afternoon, I will check them out!

Look at what I just found on Facebook, they are selling them for $50.00.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Oh Linda Kay those are too cool, wowzer.

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Those are sweet! Cute to be hanging in a secret garden!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

Too cute. Don't be afraid to buy them for me! LOL

I need to start saving some twigs and wrap them in a sphere!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

I got lots of twigs. LOL!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Linda, love the little fairy "ball". I'm off to go out into the world today, I'll keep my eye out for fairy things!
Gardenlady, I love the ducky cake. Brings back memories of my baby shower, they are so fun.

How I wish we have a Hobby Lobby here! Really need some outdoor furniture and other trinkets for my garden along with the swap....

Really like the sphere ...nice idea....

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

A few things I ordered for my fairy garden. My patio set hasn't com yet

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

nice items Kathy....
I ordered another Fairy, came on Monday but was damaged...not happy! I sent an email to the company, but still no response...
Still working on my fairy garden....Ric doesn't want me using the long tree burl table. His Dad made it years ago and is afraid that it will be destroyed with additional snow coverage.... so out of the garden it went..... so all I have not is the stump, rocks and a dragon... want to build a stone castle on top of the stump..... rocks that I will use are called "metamorphic"... when over the ages, minerals leave deposits that create layers on top of layers. We pick up so many of these beauties and have them all over the yard..... will take photos of a few and post them for everyone to see...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.