Any body have some Daylillies darker than these?

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

This is the first year for my daylillie garden.From a distance it looks like a meadow off in the distance until you walk up for the surprise,I bought these from a daylilly club Here in Amarillo Tx,the names were taped to the plant,andd I forget to re tag them and now the names are lost.I would like to find one almost blacj as I can get,if there is such a one.

Thumbnail by Tropicman Thumbnail by Tropicman Thumbnail by Tropicman Thumbnail by Tropicman
Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi.

I used to grow a blackish-purple dailily named Bela Lugosi: striking!

Sylvain.

North Olmsted, OH

My Bela Lugosi is definitely darker. If you look at Curt Hanson's Crintonic Gardens website you will find more
that are darker. He is the hybridizer for Bela.

This message was edited Jul 3, 2014 4:17 PM

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Wow sure did.love this one
http://www.daylilies.org/ahs_dictionary/black.html

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

My Gustav Rogul is pretty dark.

Thumbnail by cottelpg
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

And pretty too!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I've had Serena Dark Horse for many years. It's an oldy but a very nice plant that increases good and is fertile both ways.

SERENA DARK HORSE

Thumbnail by hemlady
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

I have several. Bev

American Revolution
Domonic
Bella Lugosi
Echos Of Mercy
Tooth
Tuxedo is real dark no pic yet

Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I have Black Falcon. Pic looks light red, but it looks pretty black in person. Maybe I can get a better pic when the next bud opens.

Thumbnail by iowhen
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Serena is very pretty and dark dark!
D62 can't wait to see Tuxedo.Iowhen please do!

Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Only one I have is this one. I like to take my pics at dusk and later but this was a little too late. I will get a daylight pic of it. BEV
I have it next to Real Wind and the contrast is nice.

Thumbnail by dragonfly62 Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

I also have another really dark one called MIDNIGHT OIL. It is the darkest one I grow.

Thumbnail by hemlady
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Midnight oil is way darker than I've seen to date,now that is black,but the picture kind of showing it as maybe a smaller size flower,is it?

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Yes it is 36" height with a 4" flower.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Oh my that is quite tall,a plus for me.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

It's diploid and hybridized by Darryl Apps, the same hybridizer that has done all of the everblooming daylilies like Happy Returns, Rosy Returns.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I'll be looking for them in the future,thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.