CLOSED: July Birthday card swap!

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Happy Birthday!!!

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

rose318 / Patti -- March 18
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

We came from here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1364885/

Thumbnail by GardenQuail

Hi, all.
Hope you like our Fourth of July themed birthday cake. My husband found a black and white clip art cake and did a little redecorating. :)
Have a great Tuesday!
Michelle

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread! That cake looks yummy!

Hi, all.
Thanks, LK :) Now, if I just had some here! One of these days, I'll have to make and decorate a cake just for Birthday Club :)
Have a great Wednesday!
Michelle

Hi, all.
Hope everyone is doing well. We have a very special birthday tomorrow: our country turns 238 years old! Hope you all get to do something special :)
Michelle

Hi, all.
To our country, the United States of America: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Michelle

Hope you all had a safe 4th of July!

Hi, all.

We had an enjoyable 4th of July. In the evening, we got together with friends for dinner, board games, and to watch the fireworks. We discovered that we could see the fireworks from several different crofessional displays all from our friends' house. (Well, they all could; I couldn't, but enjoyed hearing them and my husband told me what colors he was seeing.) And I had a special treat: I was able to enjoy them with the company of my guide dog. We were far enough away that the sound wasn't too loud for him, and the sounds of the fireworks didn't scare him. After a while though, he did get bored and whined to say we should go inside again :) I don't take him with us when we actually go to venues where the displays are at. And some of my dogs were afraid of fireworks, so I had to have them stay indoors when fireworks were in use.

Did any of you do anything special?

Michelle

Glad to hear you had a good time!
It was just hubby and I here, shooting off fireworks in the front yard.

Hi, all.
LK, that sounds like fun, too :) Around here, it's illegal to set off fireworks. People do it anyway, but they aren't supposed to. We have some fun memories of when we were allowed to use safe and sane fireworks, but it's been a while. So we're glad there are professional fireworks shows where we can still enjoy them.
Hope everyone has a lovely Monday!
Michelle

Sometimes I wish they were illegal, Some people start popping them off a week before, and then to a week after the holiday! It sure makes the dogs nervous when they do!

Hi, all.

Well, the disadvantage of fireworks being illegal is that instead of those that are set off being "safe and sane" fireworks, you get the larger illegal (less safe) fireworks. I figure this happens (1) because that's what people can get if they really want them, and (2) if they are going to break the law and potentially get in trouble for it, they figure they may as well get the more spectacular ones.

We still have a few going off a bit before and after the 4th, but probably not as many as if fireworks were legal.

I can certainly understand about the dogs getting nervous when the fireworks go off. When I had my first guide dog, fireworks were legal. She was all right with the occasional bang, but come the 4th of July, it was best to tuck her in her bed and put some nice music on for her, all with the windows closed, of course. If she was just roaming around in the house but not in her bed, she would start panting from nervousness. It was amazing how much difference it made just confining her to her bed. She felt so much more secure that she would just go to sleep.

Amanda, Patti, and Kathy, hope you are all doing well.

Have a great evening! And hope you all have a lovely Tuesday tomorrow :)

Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Michele,

I am doing well, and I hope you are your family are doing well also. I had a nice time off for July 4 th. My husband and I went to a concert on July 3 rd at House of Blues to listen Steve Earle . We had a awesome time. Over the weekend , my granddaughter came over and we went shopping for school clothes. We love going shopping together. Then back to work on Monday, and it was crazy.

Hope everyone has a great hump day.
Patti

Hi, all.
Patti, glad you could stop by! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! And it sounds like you were able to have some special time with your granddaughter. That's really neat :)
Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
Michelle

Hi, all.
Yesterday was my guide dog's and my eighth anniversary. It's hard to believe that it has been that long already!
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Michelle

Happy anniversary to you both! That is a long to be together!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi all,
Happy anniversary Michele ,and your guide dog.

Hi all.
Thank you, both :) My guide dog had a nice relaxing day on our anniversary :) I had lots to do that day, so we didn't really go much of anywhere. But we had a nice walk the next day. Mailed my box for the Old, New, Borrowed, Blue swap and stopped by the store on the way home. Hadn't walked that route for a long time, so we enjoyed our walk.
Have a great Monday, everyone :)
Michelle

Hi, all.
Beautiful weather here today, though it's supposed to be on the hot side. Wasn't too bad yet when I took my guide dog out for a potty break, but then, we were also in some shade. How's your weather been?
Michelle

Hi, all.
If you would like to see one of the crocheted baskets that I make, you could wander over to the Group Trades forum and look for the thread called "old new borrowed blue swap, the results". Our friend, Alicia (ahoogstra), was my buddy for this swap, and she has posted a picture of the items I sent to her. This included a medium-sized basket that I crocheted.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!
Michelle

I saw that basket, it is very nice!

Hi, all.
Thanks, LK :)
I just finished reading a book for the book club that I'm in. It's called Burning Sky by Lori Benton. A very thought provoking book.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Michelle

Glad to her you enjoyed the book! I just got back from San Antonio, my Granddaughter turned 7. So we had a party, then went to the water park. It was a very nice day!

Hi, all.
My things got busy! But I have a few moments, so wanted to stop by to see how you all are doing :)
LK, that was really neat that you got to attend your granddaughter's 7th birthday party and go to the water park with her. That all sounds like a lot of fun!
And with the heat wave we have been having lately, that sounds quite refreshing! :)
Hope you all are doing well. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Michelle

Wish we were at the water park today, it is 103 right now!

Julie has the fairy swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370010/

Hi, all.

Well, looks like the rest of July snuck away from us! I'll have my husband help me get a thread started for August later tonight or tomorrow. Hope you all are doing well.
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good morning Michele,
I hope you and your family are doing well. I wanted to let you know I saw the beautiful basket you crochet for Alicia. You really did a great job. I can't believe it is August already. Have a great weekend.
Patti

Hi, all.
Patti, great to hear from you! Hope you are doing well.
Just received a dmail from Twyla. She used to be in birthday club, but wasn't able to post for some time because she needed a new computer. She says she has one now. So, hopefully she'll be able to join us again :)
Sorry we haven't gotten the new thread up. Forgot to have my husband do it last night, and he was just having trouble getting to the July thread. Will have him try again later or tomorrow. Not sure why I could get to this thread but he couldn't. Perhaps I just missed whatever was causing the problem!
Anyway, hope you all are having a great weekend!
Michelle

Hi, all.
We figured out the problem and posted the new thread. Follow this link to the August thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1370703/
See you all there!
Michelle

Hi, all.
Just stopping by to close this thread. If you haven't already stopped by to chat with us on the August thread, do follow the link in my post above and say hello :)
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.