CLOSED: SHOW & TELL IRIS SWAP 2014

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

PLEASE POST A THANK YOU & LET US KNOW WHAT YOU GOT.
A PICTURE IS NICE BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO .

HERE ARE YOUR PARTNERS

DEEJAY9---- SHORTY_CA----- JOKENNA-
NANNY23-----MITTSY
ROUXCREW------NANNY23----MOONJALA
WWKATHY-POSTAGE-SHORTY_CA -----AHOOGSTRA
MITTSY- NF2932 & NANNY23 --- Postage from KATGROVES
NF2932-----Mittsy
JOKENNA--SENDING TOO---DJ9-----MOONJALA---
BADCAT---SENDING TO ---ALIKAT
BEAKERIJ--SENDING TO ---WWKATY
ALIKAT32----BADCAT---Moonjala---BEAKERlJ
SHORTY_CA----POSTAGE---DJ9 & WWKATHY --JOKENNA--NF2932
FROGGIES_GIRL---AHOOGSTRA
AHOOGSTRA---FROGGIES_GIRL & IOWHEN
MOONJALA------POSTAGE -- -& ALIKAT-----JOKENNA
KATGROVES-----POSTAGE From MITTSY
MCLOWDIS------ POSTAGE FROM WWKATY
IOWHEN-----ALIKAT32

Thumbnail by deejay9
Ocean Springs, MS

Good morning! I'm starting to gather the plants I have for Ahoogstra. Very hot and humid here today- 96 plus heat index of 105! The builder that works his butt off showed up to put the shingles on my sunroom! He's a good guy... but the contractor is the problem! Y'all have a great day!

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Good luck with that contractor! NEVER pay them in advance, cause they have no incentive to get the job done if you do. ;)

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Susie, Thank you so much. I was not expecting such a huge box of plants. I'm just floored.

So here we go with Iris:
Jungle Gem
Fairy Rings
Wabash
Pilgrims Choice
Pumping Iron
Fragrant Too
Sweet Surrender
Scott Cream
Rare Treat
Raspberry Jam
Tantara
Old Grape
California Style
Bedford Lilac
Lost tag #2 lg
TB lost tag
SDB lost tag
Lost tag sm #1 and #3

Other plants:
Variegated Hosta
Canna's Chocolate and Eurreka
Nicotinana Plant
Yellow?
Yellow/white?

Susie what are the last 2 plants? Thank you! I looked all of them up..I'm going to have an awesome garden come next spring.

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1365620/#ixzz36M7pIiAz

Thumbnail by Jokenna Thumbnail by Jokenna

I had to stop & Think more then likely i think i sent 3 types of Coreopsis one might be presto, not sure on the other 2 . maybe but maybe someone can ID them for sure were the flowers all off them ?
glad you like your box . well its been a long day my eyes say sleep & so do my feet. so gn all .

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Susie I love them all.
It's the 2nd pic bottom LT those 2 with the blue tape.

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Chicka Boom Chicka Boom Chicka boom boom boom!

I received a box from Susie and I'm blown away by all of the plants I received.

Thank you!!!!! ^_^

I'll post the pictures and list later.

oh so sorry now i see one is I Think they call butter & sugar irises
& They other is like a yellow flag iris, if you have them already then I won;t be upset if you trade them off . thought i wrote on them , forgive me .

Sylvia : Hope you enjoy all the blooms next spring :)

Rainy here this morning & I have some packing to do & want to get my house dusted before i leave .
been so busy taken care of my neighbor the last 3 days , I can finely get myself ready for my trip :)
just have to go put their super on this evening.

so i will check back later today & chat :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Oh, those boxes are great! Lucky girls to get such beautiful plants from DJ!

Contractor is the slacker! Since I threw a fit, the builders are doing better. Busting thier butts! And the contractor will not get another penny from me until the job is COMPLETELY finished to my satisfaction.

Please say a little prayer for me. I had a minor car accident yesterday. No one was hurt physically, but my 17-year-old daughter has a fear of driving. Being with me yesterday made her ill and she said that she never wants to drive again. And all because a man made a u-turn and went across 3 lanes in front of me. Even though I slammed on my brakes (leaving skid marks on the road) and drove partially onto a curb, I still hit him on the back fender of his car. Not really any damage to my vehicle but a scrape and cracked light, but it's the mental and emotional damage to Journee that worries me. And the man lied to the police about what happened! I have to wait until Monday to pick up the accident report, so I'm praying the police are wise enough to realize that I was not at fault.

DJ, I'd love to have some rain! Got a lot of plants in pots and think I'm going to have to water them by hand later today. Praying for an afternoon rainstorm. Doing a rain dance! LOL

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Susie, Thank you and I do not have these 2 plants. Sounds like they like lots of water. Did you have them planted by a pond? Not sure I have what they need but will see what I can come up with. They look lovely and my DH loves yellow iris.

It just started storming and raining here! Dogs are a shaking. My big old Maggie girl (golden retriever/Lad mix) and Cleo my Bologness are so scared of thunder.

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Here's what I received: For some reason I can't add pictures to a previously created message.

DRUM Roll.....

Irises

Jungle Gem
Fairy Rings
Wabash
Pilgrams Choice
Pumin Iron
Frangrant Too
Sweet Surrender
Scot Cream
Rare Treat

Coreopsis
Coreopsis Moonbeam
Coreopsis Zagreb
Coreopsis Early Sunrise

Plus---
Nicotiana

This message was edited Jul 3, 2014 10:21 AM

Thumbnail by Shorty_CA Thumbnail by Shorty_CA

jo mine are not by a pond or in a pond they are out in my gardens & as i said your welcome to find another home for them if you have them i did not see them on your trade list so thought i would share .

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

That's great to know..the info on the web said wet area..No I love them the are very pretty. I'll get them in the ground as soon as this storm is over. I absolutely love every thing you sent me Susie..cant believe you sent to much. Cant thank you enough. Please let me know when your back and ready to get your box. Hope you are enjoying your time with your brother and family.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Susie I forgot to tell you about the Raspberry Jam.

When I read your letter before I went through the box I saw Raspberry Jam hand written on the bottom.. I get all excited and said to my DH "she sent some homemade jam! Oh wait what it's an iris called Raspberry Jam? No matter either way I will love it". I'm such a dork...lol

Cutlerville, MI

My boxes will be on their way on Tues!...Very excited.
Here are some of my Daylilys that are blessing me with their blooms!

Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra Thumbnail by ahoogstra
Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Very pretty daylilies

Ocean Springs, MS

Those daylilies are absolutely beautiful! Love the 2nd and third ones! Pretty...Pretty!

those dls are gorgeous!

Gm all well today is my day for packing, for my trip , & Last day of running 3 times a day at taken care of my neighbor i will have a break from that :) really needed, I so look forward to this trip.

I will be staying in touch with you all & The swaps just maybe not as often as i would if i was Home :) for i plan to enjoy every min i can with my brother.

Jo My dog also hides when weather is bad usually under my bed :)

I'm glad you gals enjoy your boxes ,I Still have much weeding to do when i get back , My return ticket is for July 21st but if de needs me I will stay.

Very pretty DL's alicia I'm sure we will be doing a DL swap Probable in Sept ,

Here we have
Christine Dixon
Awesome candy
Long stocking
roses in Snow
Thin man

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Julie here Are the fig trees I have got to get them in the ground when i get home . oops the other one didn't show its behind this one & They are both doing great
anyone id Picture 3 for me very prickly look as if flowers will be coming out on it not sure .

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9
Ocean Springs, MS

Wish I could help with ID, but I don't know!

Glad your fig tree is doing well.

Happy Independence Day! God bless America! ♥

Cutlerville, MI

Good Morning all! I came back from one of the most amazing family reunions in Ohio, we got home a little after 10pm, and a TORNADO went through about 11pm. It just missed us..literally major damage was less than one block away! One of my childcare families is out of power they are not saying when it may be back...the electrical POLE was pulled OUT OF THE GROUND. So please say a prayer for the families in Kentwood, MI. The Red Cross has set up emergency shelters. Praise the Lord I had just a few leaves come off of my Burgs!
Have a wonderful day!

Just happy you all are safe ,we have had rain in the evenings here but very nice weather so far & a very relaxing seems so nice .
gee guess i better call brother jim ask if they got any of it .

de's is resting so i came out on the patio , get caught up on here .
ya all have a safe day . Be back again one day :)

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone....beautiful pictures....I'll be digging my plants this week and sending out! So excited to swap again! We've been having huge storms.....so lots of great rain but not good for outside work!

I've been working on my potting shed....putting up garden quotes....the signs my dad made....and painting the floor.....in between I've been enjoying the flowers....

Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32 Thumbnail by AliKat32
Ocean Springs, MS

DJ. are you enjoying the Florida weather? Glad your brother is doing better!

AliKat, love your shed and the signs! Very nice!

Alicia, praying for the families affected by the tornado. Oh, did you get my dmail?

Everyone have a good day! ♥

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Happy Birthday Partner!!!! :) Hope you have a great day!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI i WILL HAVE A CAKE FOR US TODAY :))))

all is good glad it is only 2 weeks miss working in my garden just sitting around down here my fingers are bored .
hey all going to go fix lunch . ya all be good .

I got a fabulouso box from Mittsy today that had so much stuff in it!
Japanese Iris- 'Frilled Enchantment', 'Pleasant Journey', 'Wizard Ocean'
Iris- 'Clarence', Magharee', 'Crimson King', 'Stairway to Heaven',' A.L. Williamson','Q.C'., 'Dawn of Change'
Spiderwort- 'Bilberry Ice', 'Sunshine Charm','Red Cloud'
Gooseneck loosestrife
Hosta 'Pearl Lake' & another mini Hosta
Blue-eyed Grass- 'Devon Skies'
White Stonecrop- 'Coral Carpet'
Amsonia 'Blue Star'
I will post a picture as soon as I find my adapter for the camera card.
You sent a great bunch of plants, Mittsy. I love them all :)

very nice box Nan :) Mittsy has many surprises :) just a Quick GM before de gets outs here he is up it just takes him time to he's moving slower but is recovering very well home Nurse will be out here today ,

penny on her way in & her dog loves my lap so ya all have a great day will be later .

Here's a pic of what came in my box from Mittsy :)

Thumbnail by Nanny23

NICE VERIETY : I can hardly wait to get back to my gardens De don't want any plants here :( he has enough to mow around he says :)

Ocean Springs, MS

Nice box, Nanny23! Can't wait to see those blooms!

DJ, I know what you mean. When I travel, I always miss working with my plants. Right now, I am so busy with construction that I barely have time for plants! Thank God for the rainstorm we got yesterday! My plants needed the water!

just sitting here on the porch waiting for the nurse one of the nurses for some reason we have 2 coming today . anyway guess we will see who is who & why when they get here :

Well de is back so chat later .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOOJALA :)))

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Happy Birthday Moon -- Your box is on it's way and should be there for a 7/14 arrival....

LJ and Badcat -- Your boxes are coming as well -- all should be delivered on 7/14.....

I spent all morning digging and tagging and making sure all those plants were safely tucked into wet paper towels for their journey across America!

Love all the blooms! more pics later when I get a chance to download....but wanted to say that some of the DL's I got last year are blooming....so thank you again for the great trades!

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

I got my box from Annette (Nanny23). It's a wonderful box! Irises Blue Heritage, so pretty and Cinderella Sunshine, I'm really liking these little ones ever since Susie's gift of Space Cadet started blooming. Then a few tropicals who will be traveling to FL to take up residence in my tiny walled garden. Elephant Ears Mojito, and Red Stem, and a polka dot plant that just thrives outside in FL. Houseplants Variegated Spider plant and assorted coleus. They'll really brighten up my window garden. A replacement Hosta of Night Before Christmas. I have learned my lesson not to leave any plants in pots unless they are trenched for the winter. I lost so many favorites. Japanese Iris Crystal Halo, the answer to a prayer, for it is destined to be sent to WKBG in August, and she was so generous, I'll be able to keep some, for me and still send a nice large plant. I have been consolidating my misc. plants into one space and now I have Rose Barlow and Little Lanterns columbine to add. I'm giving up on Delphinium as they just don't come back. The annual version of Larkspur works nicely if not as showy. I am so amazed when the sedums start to bloom, so now I can add Dragon's Blood to my sedum section. Just wonderful, and something for my sister, too. She just loves hardy Hibiscus, well last year she swapped two boxes of Canning Jars for a start of Hardy hibiscus but the woman sold her house and never fulfilled her portion of the swap. Bummer. I am so pleased to be able to give her Pink Luna Swirl.
Thank you so much Annette, you really made my day and week. Camera is on charge, so pictures tomorrow.

You are so very welcome Mittsy! I am glad I could return the favor.

Ocean Springs, MS

Happy birthday, Moon!

Really great assortment, Mittsy!

Still trying to gather my things for swap in between dealing with the builders and the contractor! Will be mailing out soon.

Now for the pictures, first the Blue Heritage irises and dwarf Cinderella Sunshine irises, I'm sharing half of each with my niece just in case anything disastrous happens this winter, I'll have back up.
#3 Hosta Night Before Christmas
#4 hardy hibiscus Pink Luna Swirl
#5 Coleus assortment

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Second grouping
#1 Dragon's Blood sedum
#2 Elephant Ear Mojito
#3 Elephant Ear Red Stem
#4 Japanese Iris Crystal Halo
#5 Columbine Little Lanterns

Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy Thumbnail by mittsy

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.