Indoor fuchsia!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I've been growing a Windchimes Dark Eyes fuchsia in a hanging pot for a couple of months now. It's situated in a northeast corner of my kitchen where two windows intersect. I have a saucer with glass stones under the pot that I keep water in for humidity. I also keep track of the soil moisture with a water meter/gauge that gives a general reading when stabbed into the soil. So far, so good! It's about to make another crop of flowers. Many thanks to Catherine from Pedrick's Corner for her tips. One thing I learned early on is that it doesn't like to dry out! It dropped many leaves but recovered, thankfully. I suppose this will be the only way I will be able to grow fuchsias in Houston, but I'll take it :)

Thumbnail by bariolio
Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hey out there! Anyone still reading the fuchsia forum?? BTW, my Dark Eyes is still alive!

Freedom, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi bariolio,
I am back, just renewed my membership.
Hanging in there!
So glad to see your fuchsia is alive and doing well, good job!
Pedrick

Smyrna, DE(Zone 7a)

I am just about to start growing fuchsias (though the spelling is tough!). I just ordered several varieties from Joy's Garden that seemed to be vary inexpensive, and the most extensive list I've ever seen. I hope Oregon plants like Delaware.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Good luck, Jeanniejayne! My fuchsia croaked not long after I posted my last message. 😢. Post pics with blooms!

Smyrna, DE(Zone 7a)

Hmmm. My fuchsias did not do well. DK what I did wrong. I love them, and will try again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.