CLOSED: Interested in trading - Crinum & spider lilies

Atlantic Beach, VA

I scored huge at my local farmer's market this afternoon - a local gardener had apparently donated 3 giant bags of divided Milk & Wine Crinum lilies & dwarf white spider lilies and they were selling them at crazy cheap prices to raise funds for our local Green-Awareness farmer's market. I bought a large amount and even with planting and sharing few with my mother, I've got more than I probably should plant, especially since I'm going to be dividing my existing 3 Crinum lily plants.

Only thing - I haven't seen them bloom and am taking the word of the seller at the market. He specifically named the Crinum as milk and wine, but named the white as a dwarf white spider lily. Thus, I am looking to trade several plants of both, and possibly an Amaryllis of unknown cultivar or color (I also hit gold at an estate sale a few days ago and ended up with about 10 plants, but again haven't seem bloom).

I'm open to any perennials (preferably cuttings, infant plants/rooted cuttings, bulbs or rhizomes) that will grow in my region but would specifically love:

Blue Hibiscus or the tropical red & orange variety
Peony (glutton for punishment, I know - they probably won't survive, but I want to try)
Climbing Rose (preferably the blue/violet, although it needs to work in my climate)
Hosta
Calla lilies (I have pink, crystal blush & almost black - looking for more colors)
Day lilies
Oriental Lilies
Amaryllis - prefer named cultivars
Bleeding heart
Cotton
American Lily of the Valley
Gayfeather

Milk & Wine Crinum - http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/514/

Thumbnail by Moonjala
Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Sending you a d mail when I can get to my computer. I can not type fast enough on this Kindle.
I would like some of each you are offering. I have Hostas.

Atlantic Beach, VA

No worries, Mittsy - I'll hold them for you. Just send me a dmail when you can. :)

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Moon, do you know what zone the spider lilies are hardy?

Atlantic Beach, VA

Badcat - I'm not entirely sure, but the plantfiles link I found (if the source is accurate, since the bulbs that I have were a purchase from the farmer's market and there was no cultivar info) indicates hardyness to 7a. You may be able to make them work in your zone if you protect them during extreme cold. I know that they prefer warmth.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/71203/

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

OK that's what I was afraid of. Callas never come back in the spring here either. Thanks mama

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.