Brug fertilizing

Evergreen Park, IL

Hi, I have a fountain in my back yard that I have to clean every 10 days or so. I use my wet/dry shop vac to pump out the old water, then clean the fountain and put in clean water. I have been just dumping the old water on the grass, but wondering if I could/should use it to water the 2 brugs I have growing in containers. The old water is of course full of bird stuff and who knows what else. Any thoughts?

(Becky) in Sebastian, FL(Zone 10a)

I read somewhere about a great brug fertilizer "recipe", but I do not know what it is. If anyone reading this thread knows, please share!

Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

I sure would like to see the recipe also, hope someone knows it.

Long Beach, CA

mosaiclady~ I think that if the water from the fountain has not killed the grass it would be ok to use it on your plants. Lots of beneficial microbials.

Evergreen Park, IL

Thanks, that's what I thought. I started watering with it ( saved it in a 5 gallon bucket from Home Depot) and they are looking good.

Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

From days gone by, here is a link to alot of fertilizing recipe some folks were using on their brugs. There are several variations to say the least. Hope this helps.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/956114/

This is also a post from days gone by some folks used Bayer Advanced 3 in 1
Here is the conversation below.
Bringing in lots of tropicals, would like to remove the bugs first. Does anyone use this? If so how?
I have lots of tropicals:
banana-non fruiting
bird of paradise
caladiums
ginger- 3 kinds
ee's - a's and c's
begonias
hisbiscus

August 30, 2009
05:10 PM

Post #7004682

Yes - one tablespoon in a gallon watering can

Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

A Big Thank You for bring this forward.

You are welcome it will give you something to do...rofl.

Long Beach, CA

happgarden ~ What is a "ee's - a's and c's"?

elephant ears, alocasia and colocasia. sorry I was just too lasy to figure out how to spell a and c...lol

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Bayer complete,use it as a Systemic,been using many years,works better if you can get it early before the plant is infested.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.