Asiatic Lily ID-Need a little help please

Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

We had a storm and it blew the tags out of some of my plants the other night. Well this morning I go out and this lily is blooming, so I look to see what it's name is, only to discover the dreaded "No Tag" and I can't remember it's name:( Anybody out there have a clue? This is the first year I have grown this one. And I neglected to write it down. I would sure appreciate any ID.
Thanks!

Thumbnail by Nanny23
South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

An Asiatic lily ~ possibly Asiatic Matisse Lily 'Wizard'

This message was edited Jun 23, 2014 9:11 AM

Thanks Rick! I will look that one up. The silly tag was in it and then all the sudden it was gone. I guess I should have paid more attention to what it said, lol. But I had several different trades and ordered bulbs all around the same time. So I may have gotten a little confused about what was what. I can't say for sure where this one came from. ;)

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Looks like Lily Div. 1 Asiatic Hybrids Tiny Sensation 18"-24" unscented.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

If it is taller, it could be Lily Div. 1 Asiatic Hybrids Latvia (photo1) which is tall, while Tiny Sensation is short (photo 2),but there are other yellow burgundy combos in Tango series too. Took these shots this week. Good luck

Thumbnail by bbrookrd Thumbnail by bbrookrd

Thanks bbrookrd! It is pretty short, I am guessing 18-24", I will measure it though, just for argument's sake. And it is potted and not yet in the ground, so that may make a difference about how tall it will get. It is outdoing itself with blooms, so whatever it is, it's a keeper.

Nantucket, MA(Zone 7a)

Tiny Sensation :did you get it from Touch of Nature? also available from A.R.D. bulbs?

That's the thing, I can't remember if I ordered it or got it in a trade. I got a lot of stuff at the same time and the tag that was in it got misplaced somehow. I have a chipmunk that keeps digging up my bulbs and tags and throwing them out of the pots. :(

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

Great ID people! I only got this because I was just reading my B&D catalog. Here is 'Tiny Sensation' from their catalogue, and it is described as being 18 to 24 inches.

http://www.bdlilies.com/1067e.html

Elgin, IL(Zone 5a)

If it's chippies, try sprinkling some Milorganite in the pots. I've used it successfully for years. I have several resident chippies, and they don't like Milorganite.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.