yellow daturas

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Died down over winter but stayed green,has been blooming profusely for couple weeks now

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

I like the yellow color, have the purple. It is just now coming back this year but got out of hand last year. Hope to keep it under more control this year.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes me too,and there just now about 8 inches tall,but they grow pretty fast!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

gee, if it makes in in z6, it should make it in my area but I have not been able to grow a datura, any of them, for more than a season. strange

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

I have one that has grown to about 4 ft already and has about 50 blooms a night,and it is way away from the house,sad no fragrance,wish I could find the double or triple that has some nice fragrance to them,I had some yrs back in Wichita.Ks

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

jealous, very jealous....

Long Beach, CA

I did not know daturas got so big. Wow

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Found out it is not a bug but in the family of the evening primrose.

Long Beach, CA

I thought it looked different from the rest. Nevertheless it is a very nice shrub.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes those yellow flowers light up the night,its a must for night gardeners.

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I'll have some double triple seeds from daturas this Fall, Don. Those showy evening primrose will re-seed.. just a heads up .

Thumbnail by joeswife
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yep I know don't you remember seeing them at my home in Wichita??

yes, but mostly remember the passion vine on the roof, the white Bird of Paradise blooming and your fantastic groupings of yellow 4 o clolcks mixed with rows of beautiful color
co-ordinated Zinnias. And the banana trees fruiting and your coconut trees and well, you know what ya had.. ;)

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Yes and now having to start all over again,hope I live a few more years to have it all again!! LOl

oh, I think you will.. so get large pots ready for this fall, as I am sending you some of your stuff back. Cept... not the plumeria LOL it is huge and will bloom again..

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Just eavesdropping a little bit. Don, Onalee's Seeds has the datura seed in every cold and configuration there is. I have purchased from her multiple times and always had good luck. If the one you are describing with many white blooms it is called Devil's trumpet here. Native and can be invasive. I have it and love it.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Hi Christi,will check them out,thanks,I just may have the native one.something has just started coming up and it looks real familiar.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

that should have been color....not cold.

Devil's trumpet has seed pods that are very spiny.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

yes had many back in Kansas

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.