Looking for....

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Is anyone growing or know where I can find Turks Cap / Malvaviscus arboreus? The trellis that I had my Mexican flame vine on is now in too much shade and it died out and didn't come back in the spring. I thought the Malvaviscus might make a more suitable replacement.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I grow one. It likes water and doesn't like cold. I grow it near an east facing fence, so get's sun until later pm. You're welcome to cuttings.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

It would be growing here under an elm tree, morning sun on a north facing wall. I'm too impatient for rooting the cuttings....but thank you. I'll have to shop around and/or maybe order on line.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I understand. I'm that way, myself.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Jim,

I have one that is getting huge since it roots when its branches touch the ground . I pull it out all the time since the area where it is, is not that big.
I will look this weekend and I will let you know if I have any that rooted.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Rodi, thank you! I checked on line and anything I could find was in a 3" pot, Probably no bigger that what you could dig up. How does it do for you? Is it a wilter during the summer? Will it do well In the shade for 80% of the day?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Jim,

Mine is in the front. Big mistake because it takes over half of the flower bed, which is not that big. It gets some sun in the morning and that's about it. It flowers and grows pretty well , so I am sure it will do well for you too.
I will look at it this weekend and see what I can dig up and let you know.

Mesa, AZ

I have seen them at Boyce Thompson Arboretum.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I saw them there this spring .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.