June Birthday card swap!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Happy Birthday!!!

The DG birthday card club is a way to ensure a special day.

We welcome new members to the birthday thread. Our delightful obligation is to send a card to each birthday club member when his/her birthday occurs.

It's best to receive a pile of cards on or before your birthday so we do our best to send each card in a timely manner. This makes the card more meaningful to the recipient and to the sender. We don't have to send expensive or elaborate cards. We can make one or pick up one at nearly any store these days, or buy a whole box of cards at once and be prepared for the whole year!

It's a wonderful experience to receive cards in the mail.

Current Birthday Club Members:

rose318 / Patti -- March 18
AmandaEsq / Amanda -- April 6
taters55 / Linda Kay -- June 13
Katgroves / Kathy -- October 25
GardenQuail / Michelle -- October 28

We came from here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1359399/#new

This message was edited Jun 23, 2014 8:27 PM

Thumbnail by taters55
in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy Birthday Linda Kay. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. HUGS.
Patti

Thanks Patti. I got your beautiful birthday card.

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I am glad to hear you received your card. I would never forget your birthday. I have a great weekend.
Patti

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
LK, thanks for starting the new thread. Was going to see if my husband could help me get it going, but you beat me to it! I'll plan to start July's thread :) And I'll do better at stopping by this month! Glad to see others are still around!
Patti, great job in getting your card to LK for her birthday :)
Amanda, hope you get a chance to drop by between school and work :)
I just did a quick tour of my garden area on my deck. Pulled some weeds. Gathered a few cerinthe seeds, and was sad to see other plants died back because of the lack of water. There are more cerinthe seeds to gather, but my dog was eagerly awaiting dinner. So I'll finish gathering them later. Been debating about how much to grow given our current drout. My foot is finally doing better, so I could do some planting, but then I'll need to water things. So, I'm still deciding what to do.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Michelle

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Michelle ,
I kept reminding myself to Linda Kay birthday is coming up this month. I am glad to hear she received her card. There is only there 3 or 4 of use now in the birthday swap, and which is sad.

It nice to hear your foot is doing better. I tried to pull some weeds today, but it was to darn hot here. I can't stand seeing the darn weed thrive in my flower beds. I will not kill myself in the heat either. I am still recovering from sinus surgery . The surgery went well , but I went back to work three days later, and now I am paying for it.
This weekend was all about recovery, catching up on my sleep. Man it felt good. I hope you have a great week . Keep in touch. Give your fur baby/ dog a hug for me.
Patti

Hi, all.

Patti, glad to hear that the surgery went well. Hope you have a speedy recovery! And do take care of yourself!

Even though I haven't done much with my deck garden, I have had to pull some weeds Very sad... and one was a weed that I needed to have my husband remove as it was too prickly for me to touch. Hard to remove when you can't touch it to figure out what to do with it! Hopefully he got all the roots so it doesn't come back. So far, so good.

Have a great Thursday!

Michelle

Michelle, glad to hear your foot is doing better, and Patti, I hope your sinus problem is fixed. It has been a bad year for allergies and sinus problems for a lot of people!

DJ'S JULY IRIS SWAP

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1365620/

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Ladies.
I glad to hear Michelle you are doing much better too. I need to get out there and pull some weeds too. Many this weekend.

Hi, all.

Stopping by to say hi :)

On Saturday, we rented a peddle boat and went for a nice boat ride around a nearby lagoon. My guide dog had a lot of fun, too. He saw ducks, dogs, people, other boats, and who knows what else, but his nose, ears, and eyes were quite busy the whole time we were out on the water. He's been catching up on his sleep since then :)

Have a great day!

Michelle

Glad to hear you had a good time!

in Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Sound like a you had a great time . I just love peddle boats.

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

I would like to be included in the birthday card swap. I love to send cards to different people. My birthday is October 25th.

We are glad to have you join us! I will add you to the top. Make sure your mailing address is in the exchange, or send it to me in a D mail, and I will get it to the others. I need your first name please?

Thanks for joining.

This message was edited Jun 23, 2014 7:54 PM

Otway, OH(Zone 6b)

My name is Kathy and thanks for letting me join.

Glad you joined us, pass the word in the threads you visit please? The more the merrier!

Julie has the interest thread open for a fairy/miniature garden swap open.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1366066/

Hi, all.
Katgroves, welcome! :) very glad to have you join!
Patti, the peddle boat we went in this last Saturday was much quieter than the ones I've been in before. I really enjoyed that since I could hear more of what was going on around us. I love going in canoes, but I won't take my current guide dog in a canoe again. I took him once, but he's too oblivious of his actions. I'm afraid he will tip us, unintentionally, of course, but... We don't go canoeing etc enough for me to really work with him, so when I get to go for a boat ride, I want it to be fun :) The peddle boat gives us much more stability, even if he decides to jump up quickly, and since my husband doesn't mind doing the peddling, I can supervise my guide dog to be sure he doesn't do something unwise :) It was great fun!
Michelle

Hi, all.
LK, you should be receiving your card from me and my guide dog soon... I finally got it to the post office this past Thursday. Again, my apologies for the delay.
I'll have my husband help me start a new thread for July Monday evening. We'll post a link on this thread when it is up.
Have a great Monday, everyone!
Michelle

Hi Michelle, I got your beautiful card Saturday! I have it on the shelf with the rest of them! Thanks so much for the wonderful card!

Hi, all.
Here's the link to July's Birthday Club thread.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1367084/
See you all there!
Michelle

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.