Plumeria pictures to share

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

a few from Arizona

Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Great pictures! Does that first one have a name? I really like that color.

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

yes,that is E.T.'s Mardi Gras in the heat,this picture taken early march shows her pastel colors

Thumbnail by sonorarat
Santa Ana, CA(Zone 10b)

Wow! What a difference! Hmm. I really like the dark one...the pastel, not so much. All bets are off on our summer temps, this year.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am celebrating here in Las Vegas. The plumeria you sent me several years ago are blooming. I have been constantly looking for an inflo. When one finally showed up, it was easy to spot. Not as beautiful as yours but I am so very very happy. Mine spend the winter in my garage. I would not dare leave them outside. Again, thank you. Sharon Winter

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

you are welcome Sharon, I'm sure they are beautiful, not sure what I sent you, could you post some pictures? some August blooms

Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat
Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

and one more

Thumbnail by sonorarat
Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

Outstanding blooms. You must be very proud. Thanks for sharing.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

OMG.....all these are just soooo gorgeous.

sono - are you a grower?

Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

morg,i am a collector and helpless addict and I do sell cuttings locally to help with some of the expense. Some pictures of plumies I need to separate and some I just started in sand

Thumbnail by sonorarat Thumbnail by sonorarat
Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

sonorarat - You must cut yours back much more frequently than we do. We take multi-branch 3 foot cuttings...LOL. We only have two colors.....Maui Pink and Yellow. Both of ours have large leaves.....but I see you have some with smaller leaves.....are they a different variety?

And what do you feed yours?

Thumbnail by morganc Thumbnail by morganc
Fabens, TX(Zone 8a)

morganc your Maui Pink is out of this world.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Txtea - The pink is on the porch grown from a cutting this year. Big cutting.

Thumbnail by morganc
Yuma, AZ(Zone 10a)

Hello Morganic-been absent for awhile, yes there is at least 35 named cultivars in that mess so you would have a variety of shape and size,at the time of that picture the leaves were only thirty days old. Most all the cuttings had a diameter of an inch or more ranging from 5 foot to a foot in length with multiple branches.I do have a few mature trees I do trim two to three times a year,most are taken in the spring.Fertilizer I use comes from Hidden Valley Hibiscus out of Southern California its called Special Blend 17-5-24 and use aged cow manure mixed
with bone meal to maintain pot level.btw nice color you got some winners there.

Thumbnail by sonorarat

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.