Nice combination

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

I am trying out some different (for me) bulbs and this came up and I loved it. I think I will add some Elijah Blue fescue to it to mimic the foliage of the dianthus Firewitch. Obviously the bulb is Allium Schubertii

Thumbnail by rteets
Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Very pretty.
I am always looking for plants that will bloom at the same time and hopefully the colors will work together. Sometimes, for me, it works and sometimes, I find myself having to move one of the plants to a new location.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
You might want to post this in the perennials forum also. Although, it has been rather slow lately.

I agree with Birder17. It is not always easy to find plants that work together and bloom at the same time. This is why I now get my inspiration from others and stop being "creative".

For instance, I use this site which includes plenty of border ideas, created by experienced designers and landscapers. It is for all areas, hardiness zones, blooming seasons, etc.

https://www.jardins-sans-secret.com/category/1037/Beds-Borders.html?f=0&append=1&ps=100

A very useful resource!

Stroudsburg, PA(Zone 6a)

What a nice site! Thank you!

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

Yes, thanks for the website. I thought I posted a thank you recently, but don't see it. I bookmarked it!

Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6a)

Allium Shubertii is a great architechural plant that everyone who comes to my garden remarks on.
Even long after its bloom the dried stem looks interesting.

Jackson, MO(Zone 6b)

When my SIL saw mine, she had to have some the next year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.