Big Thank You to Bill and Cindy

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Dear Bill and Cindy,
I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the round up at your arboretum this afternoon! I returned home with a car full of plants, whoopie pies and PORK ROLL, covered in pollen but very happy! Good luck to you in finding the last two Japanese maples you don't have in your garden. Thanks so much to Cindy for a wonderful picnic lunch.
I enjoyed meeting all you other DG'ers as well.
Martha

Thomaston, CT

Ditto all that, Martha! The company & the surroundings were fabulous! Hugs to Bill & Cindy!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Yes, thank you, Bill and Cindy, for a lovely day! And thanks to all who came bearing great food, lots of hugs and smiles and many nice plants to share, along with some very nice raffle gifts. I think Cindy worked as hard as Bill to make sure we were all well-fed and comfortable! It was so fun to meet more DG friends face to face. I know everyone would agree that the day could not have been nicer! Bravo, Bill and Cindy!

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Thank you both for the wonderful day!

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

And this for the New Jersey contingent. See what it says on the label.
lol
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Norridgewock, ME(Zone 5a)

Sorry I missed it. Thanks for all the photos of the garden. Maybe next time!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

Martha thank you for the thread - I was there when you loaded the car and lugged some of the plants for you - I know there were no jm's that left the property :)

do not let Allison see that picture - she brought that for us as a gift although I had no it told Cindy about it and with all the left overs she was in cleaning out the frig mode. no worries.

Cindy and her Mom did work hard getting all the food cooked - I had no idea - was just glad to stop weeding, planting, moving dirt, transplanting, playing with rocks, expanding garden beds, creating new garden beds, and weeding again for one day to actually walk the yard with people.

Thomaston, CT

Bill.....You need to do the walking in the yard with people more.....take the time to smell the roses....& the peonies! Of course a garden is never done, but yours is really perfect!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Bill and Cindy definitely have an unpallelleled location for garden parties and I greatly appreciate their effort and generosity in sharing it with us.

I also want to thank Martha for saving my plants that didn't all make it into the car. It was a bit of a downer to lose the iris and meadow rue among other things, but now all can go into the ground thanks to her quick thinking and friendly effort to return them.

Marilyn's verbascum is blooming almost white now--very pretty and good to create a habitat.

I am enjoying the gardening books too. Don't know who to thank. Grandma Putt gives lots of practical gardening advice using readily available materials.

Thomaston, CT

Glad you like the verbascum, Rosemary....it should reseed for you if you don't deadhead it......all the sedums look wonderful, very healthy......Pixie's lupine also looks great, as does the coral bells I received in the raffle.....

Oviedo, FL(Zone 9b)

Glad to report that Rosemary was happily reunited with her swap plants yesterday at Prince Pizza in Saugus. We had a great lunch and made the exchange.
Be sure to give us pictures of the iris when next they bloom!
Martha

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

You bet! And I enjoyed having lunch with Martha at the Prince Pizzeria also. Before the plants can bloom, there will be lots of digging and pruning, because everything seems out of place. Weeding, too.

This message was edited Jun 15, 2014 8:43 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.