Feeding paeonia

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

For the first time in the six years since I've had it, my peony did not bloom. I don't know which one it is. Right now both of mine are in large containers, and I'm guessing they might want feeding. It has been awhile, since I moved and brought the containers.
Is there a specific feed good for peonies?
Thanks.
Turtle

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Peonias prefer to be on the ground, they are not suitable for long term container cultivation. Usually they do not need fertilizer but because yours been in a container for so long you may need to get a low nitrogen one, you can try a complete one with 5-10-5 garden fertilizer

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks Cristina. Someday when I start making actual landscaping and not just using containers the peony will go in the ground. But it'll be nice to nurture them in the meantime.

What is your climate doing right now? I lived in Santiago in the 60s and remember it being temperate at home and snowing at school.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

Isn't it incredible? you living in Santiago.

Well I am a little less than 700 km south of Santiago and right still on Autumn and with very cold rain for the whole week, still we need the cold weather to maintain the eternal snow in the Andes and also the glaciers, so I should not complain, but it looks that this winter will be cold and wet. Up to now, it doesn't snow in Temuco.

Hope with a bit of fertilizer your plants will get better, even if this year they do not flower their health will be better for the next season.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thank you. Stay warm!
And sweet dreams of Spring to come.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.