Sunburn? Or...?

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Does this look like sunburn? Temps only get to 70s, but there hasn't been much cloud cover.

Also some tomato leaves are going toward lime green, after they started out the familiar darker green.

Any ideas welcome; thanks.

Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles Thumbnail by 13Turtles
Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

not sure about the brown crusted up places, i will leave it up to the more knowledgeable folks here to decide that one, but the green tone of the leaves fading towards more yellow could mean its in need of magnesium, a good ol' dash of epsom salt would fix that right up.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks jmc. That part I can take care of right now.

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

Could be. The soil looks dry. How often are you watering?

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Only about every three days, but I check them every day. They're beginning to go into their big pots -20 gallon - now, which I hope will help with maintaining even moisture.

Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

and i would say that once you transplant them into the 20 gallons. to space them as far apart as the 20 gallon pots are wide, so that you have good air flow and reduce your chances of blight or other fungal disease.

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh yes, they are spaced as if specimen plants; I'm only keeping about 15.

Thank you everybody.

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

You might post the photos on the tomato forum and ask the same question. Carolyn Male used to be involved in that forum and she is a tomato expert.

Fort Worth, TX(Zone 8a)

I know you're not in Texas, but this is an invaluable resource when dealing with tomato problems. Personally, I just clip off weird looking leaves and keep on going.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/vegetable/problem-solvers/tomato-problem-solver/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.