Seedlings White large saucer plate x Clown

Mesilla Park, NM

Here are the seedlings that had sprouted inside the seed pod .

The mother is a Large white saucer plate size flower X Clown

They look healthy so far, I hope I can keep them alive this winter. One has a new pad growing on the side of the first pad, and one has two pads already, so I guess they are fast growers so far.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

The next five photos

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

Last two photos, I think there are 12 seedlings that have survived.

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mountain View, HI

Wow, that is very interesting. When I did my seedlings the first growth after the seed leaves was a round cactus looking shoot, not flat like an epi at all. It was probably a year before I saw flat branches.

Thanks for keeping us updated on the growth of your babies. Good job.

Mike

Mesilla Park, NM

Thank you, it is going to be an adventure. A long one..but I'm so forward to seeing these babies bloom someday.

Deep Run, NC(Zone 7b)

I also saw round growth first. It is now two years and I still have seen no branching.

Photo 1 shows a seed pod I crossed this year. I'm waiting for it to ripen.
Photo 2 shows how I marked a cross in order to remember the pollen doner.
Photo 3 shows seed growth after two years. An epie though no branching as yet.
Photo 4 shows four years growth from seed. I can't wait for a first bloom. Miss Muffet x Nefertiti

Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1 Thumbnail by orchidman1
Mesilla Park, NM

Oh my goodness, those look great. These are what I have going here.

3 seedlings with three pads
3 seedlings with one pad
1 seedling with two pads
1 seedlings with just cotyledons

They are all about three to four inches tall to date, I just took these photos

Mesilla Park, NM

The last two photos, hopefully they can be seen in some of the pics

Thumbnail by Gourd Thumbnail by Gourd
Mesilla Park, NM

In photo two, with the red pot. Do you think maybe you just got a new aporophyllum ? It looks somewhat like one. It will be interesting when it blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.