Common Lilac Purple Blooming

Lucas, KS(Zone 5b)

Ok I am thinning and trenching my purple blooming common lilac, I have plenty of babies. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a swap. I would like to see some make it to a good loving home. Let me know if your interested. :)

This message was edited Jun 2, 2014 9:25 PM

Lucas, KS(Zone 5b)

I have plenty of purple blooming common lilac available. Let me know if your interested!

Thumbnail by jmikulecky
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

JM are your Syringa blooms dark or mid purple? Do you have a pic of the blooms?

Lucas, KS(Zone 5b)

Light purple. I'm afraid not. I had completely cut them down this year, (they sat unruly for two decades) so no bloom this year. There a mid purple I would say.

Atlantic Beach, VA

I'd be interested in trying them, not sure if they grow well down here, but I love the scent. Would you be interested in a trade?

Lucas, KS(Zone 5b)

Well I most certainly would be up for a trade. :)

Atlantic Beach, VA

Spiffy. :)

I have a large assortment of herb plants for cuttings (purple basil, sage, chives, varigated cuban oregeno, thyme, lemon balm), a few fruit plants for cuttings (raspberry, blackberry, brightblue & liftblue blueberry) and a few flowers for cuttings (purple butterfly bush, cosmic eye coreopsis, pow wow coneflower, cape daisy, several types of callas, and a beautiful red rose that appears to be a climber that I took cuttings of from a neighbor's plant).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.