Memcache Problem

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I get several errors "Memcache could not connect" when I try to log in.

The website has slowed to a snails pace because of this problem.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I am having problems, HUGE problems, connecting today, too.

I'm already logged in, but I cannot open threads of any size. Of all of the threads I've tried to open over the last couple hours, this is the only thread I've been able to access at all, and even this one took quite a while to load. When trying to open other, longer threads, the computer just sits and 'spins' endlessly until it times out.

Frustration.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

i've got 5 or 6 of those errors in my right hand corner but i stay logged in so other than being slow today, things don't seem any different to me at the moment.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

I am having the same problem.

Victoria Harbour, ON

can't access any threads as well due to

mamcache-could not be connected

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Very slow here too. I am getting Memcache messages too on different parts of the page.

Here is mt latest.

Thumbnail by Kell
Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I stay logged in all the time, too, so that isn't a problem for me. But I can't open threads. This is the only one I've been able to open so far today.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Scroll down, I thought I wasn't able to open the threads and then I realized that the thread was there but under rows and rows of Memcache Problem.

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Same here with Memcache problem.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Now I'm even having difficulty opening even THIS thread, probably because it is getting longer. Took 3 tries to open it this time. Getting the 'memcache can't connect' message now. Screen shot below of one failed attempt to open this thread.

Thumbnail by DreamOfSpring
Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Yes, the longer the thread the longer the list of Memcache messages.

Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

I sent an email to the DG helpdesk about the error. Hopefully someone will be able to fix the problem soon.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I get the memcache error on this thread, and it takes a while to open, but I can't open most other threads AT ALL. I never get past the thread list; browser just keeps 'spinning', showing the word 'connecting' on the tab. Several minutes later, STILL spinning, the browser times out.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Hang tight everyone.
They're working on the problem

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

melody,

Thanks for letting us know. That is SO good to hear.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yes, it is affecting everyone right now...It took over 2 minutes for this thread to open so I could reply.

Main office is digging in to the issue, so hopefully, it won't be much longer.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Better now???

Victoria Harbour, ON

It is indeed, so appreciate all your efforts in keeping us up and running!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Much better. Thank you!

Albuquerque, NM(Zone 7a)

Melody — What a gal you are! It's fixed on my end.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thank you, Melody! Working great now.

I got frustrated with it earlier and decided to go out and do some yard/garden work. Lots to do out there. So that's why it took me so long to report back after it was fixed.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I didn't do anything but let you know they were working on it....our tech colleague Franklin got the job done. He's the hero.

mid central, FL(Zone 9a)

:-)

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Way to go, Franklin!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Thank you Franklin!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.