Im back... JLP222... Y'all still here??

Hammond, LA

Hi y'all! Im back after a few years absence. I was here previously as JLP222, but I can't remember the password and I don't use that email any more.

For the life of me i can't remember anyone's names. I know there was a lady who hosted a round up in Central, LA who had a peacock. I was there with my daughter.

I hope some of my long lost friends are still around.

Jennifer

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Welcome back, Jennifer. I'm here but I am probably not a long lost friend. I have only been on DG a few years. I am a Master Gardener in Starkville, MS.

Ken

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

Jennifer that would be Jeri that had the RU. I went to the last one she had about 4 years ago. Can't remember everyone that went. Jeri is still here and will probably be along soon.

Hammond, LA

Good to see you ladies!

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

Hi, Jennifer,
We lived in Covington, LA for 21 years, and moved to St. Simons Island, GA about 4 years ago. We miss the food in Louisiana, but much less traffic here, and smaller lot and house, since we aren't getting any younger. DH got a great job offer here, and we just couldn't pass it up. Welcome back!

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

Please!

Ken, not a lady.

Hammond, LA

Thanks happytail. Covington is very close!

Ken I'm so very sorry. I won't do it again ;)

Starkville, MS(Zone 8a)

All is forgiven - Go Dawgs!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Hello Jennifer....

Welcome back! I am sure there are several names here that you are familiar with.....
I was at the RU at Jeri's as well.........but, I'm in the same boat and don't remember everyone's name. Were you living in Hammond then as well?

Happytail, I have heard such wonderful things about St. Simon Island........... I didn't realize that is where you lived until just now. Is it as beautiful as everyone says? What a great place to retire..............or so it seems from what I have heard!

Genna
in Arkansas

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

It is a great place to retire, and that is exactly why we took advantage of the job offer here. Much slower pace, and a lush and green place. Lots of large, old live oaks filled with Spanish moss. Peaceful and quiet. We built a house on the north end of the island. My only complaints are the deer and the bugs. Biting bugs, that will run you out of the yard. And more deer than you can count, and they are eating my plants!!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Hey Jennifer!!! Great to hear you are back!!! I remember you!! Hope you and your family are well and your garden is doing nice!! We had so much fun that weekend!!! How old are your kids now? My granddaughter is 17 years old now. I know, right!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Sounds wonderful Happytail.................sounds like someone needs to take up hunting! :)

Jeri - that was such a fun weekend! I was telling a friend the other day about our adventures at the nurseries, then having an adult sleepover, then plant swapping.....and great food..... said it was the best time ever!!

Jeri, is Ashley a junior??

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

No…Can you see me jumping up and down with glee?? Ashley & Bre both are seniors 2014-2015. I can't believe that we have made it so far!!! There were moments I didn't think we would ever get here!!! LOL!!! They both have their 1st summer jobs and on the fast road to growing up!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Well, that's what I meant....... that she would be a senior come fall. I didn't realize ya'll were already out of school there! Guess you didn't have as many snow days to make up as they did here! LOL....... our local school gets out this week I think, but some of the schools aren't getting out until mid to late june!!! Talk about a short summer break!!! :) I know all the seniors in those schools were thankful they were graduating so they didn't have to make up all those days! :)

This senior year will fly by!!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

I know and we still haven't done the ordering ring or anything yet. LOL!!! Right now it's living through her dance revue next weekend. Hopeful things will calm down after that but somehow I know it won't!!!

Hammond, LA

Lilly is 7 now and my son John Scott is 14 and going into high school! That was such a fun weekend.

Yes, I have lived in Hammond all of my adult life. Transplanted all the way from Ponchatoula ;)

Thumbnail by JenniferLynne Thumbnail by JenniferLynne
Central, LA(Zone 8b)

OMGosh!!! They are soo grown!!!

My son went thru the BR police academy and graduated around 3 years ago. He is in District 4 over by Scottlandville on the day shift. He loves it.

Glad Yall are doing so well!!! Maybe we can put a road trip together soon!!! I would love to see everyone!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Around here they usually order senior rings early in their junior year. I remember I received mine in on December 20 (my bday) on my junior year!! The juniors here usually get their senior rings sometime around or right after Christmas break. But, then some people never order one, and some order thru a jewelry store...............

My sister and I made a detour to Ponchatoula on our way to catch our cruise! What a beautiful town! We spotted strawberries for sale, so we inquired if they would be selling the next Sunday morning as well. They said they would be so we made sure we detoured back thru there to pick up strawberries on the way home. Also spotted a neat little place with a lot of concrete statues! I even found several tigers..... (been searching for a tiger for my flower bed) and they had several. Now, if I can just get back down there to pick up some.

Jeri, have you ever heard of D&D Concrete I believe the guy said in Baton Rouge and ?? (can't think of the other town he said)........ he said he bought all the tigers from them. I thought if I could find them, I might be able to get a better price. I thought I could remember the name - but not sure now and I didn't write it down of course!

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Yes Genna I know exactly where they are. It's just right down the road. LOL!!! Would you like for me to stop and get you some prices?

Yall should have hollered and I would have met Yall at Middendorf's!!! I barely need an excuse to go there.

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7b)

I don't think my grandsons got rings. Don't remember rings ever being mentioned and I've never seen Jake with one.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Jeri..... my sister hates fish and seafood!! Of course, when we were headed home it was only about 8:30 am! We did have some people tell us about Middendorfs while we were on the cruise - or at least I think that was the name....said it was at the first exit on 55. We saw it as we drove by. I sure hope to go there if I get back down that way. Did I drive by the Voodoo BBQ that you and I went to? I sure thought I was passing the same one!!! I know we didn't get on the interstate to get there, but I thought it was the same one!

Jeri, I will send you a dmail! I would love to get some prices whenever you have a chance!

Thanks!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Hi Jennifer I am Cindy we met at Jeris I came back same day you did

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

Hi, Jennifer. I'm Elaine, and we've not met as I didn't go to Jeri's. In fact Jeri and I haven't met yet but we 'feel like we have'. I've met several of the others already though and one day we're gonna have a big old round-up again so I hope everyone can come. I think we're all Dirt Sisters at heart anyway. So glad you've found us again.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Elaine that is a great name for our group Dirt Sisters. I love it!!!

Hammond, LA

So good to see yall again!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Elaine, I love it too! I think you hit the nail on the head..............dirt sisters for sure! Some day we all my be committed together due to this addiction.......... ^_^

Isabella, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi, Jennifer. Welcome back! I was at Jeri's, too. Do you have reddish hair? I seem to remember a younger woman with light reddish hair. Do you propagate your own flowers? I may be thinking of someone else, though. I used to live in central AR but my husband died and I moved to NW AR to be with my daughter and her husband. I have since re-married and now live in southern Missouri but I still consider myself to be a part of this group.

Yes! Dirt Sisters! :D

Laceys Spring, AL(Zone 7a)

We should have. T-shirt designed and made then.

Central, LA(Zone 8b)

Count me in!!! I love it!!!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Me Too!

Northeast, LA(Zone 8a)

Me too

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.