CLOSED: Got something tall to hide? Try Wheatstraw Celosia ...

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Howdy again, One and all - - Dear Friends and those to be !

Check out my comment on the DG PlantFiles entry for Wheatstraw Celosia Celosia argentea var. spicata) ... See: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55088/

If you have something in your yard or garden that you've always wanted to hide (screen) from view, perhaps this showy annual will do the trick for you.

I am offering seeds from the plants pictured - - 1/8 tsp. packets - - for trades AND for stamps.

Trades:   Please see my WANT trading list »
http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/list.php?list=want&member=LazLo

Stamps:   Here's what I need from you ...

1. Address an envelope to yourself or affix your personal mailing label in the "TO" area of an envelope.
2. Inside that envelope, enclose 71˘ in LOOSE U.S. postage stamps.
    Please do not affix the postage to anything. Yes, two "Forever" stamps will do nicely.
3. Mark the lower left corner on the outside of your envelope with the word: ''Celosia''
. . . just to help me from becoming more confused than I already am.  Thank you.

My postal addy == >   http://davesgarden.com/address_exchange/view.php?user=LazLo

If you can't see the DG address exchange, send a DMail for my postal info, use this link ==>   http://davesgarden.com/tools/mail/pmail.php?q=LazLo   to request my postal mailing address.

Last, but not least . . . If this posting has not been closed then, Yes, I still have these seeds available. Conversely, if the posting is closed, No, I don't have any more seeds to share. There is no need to ask if they are or if they are not, at least in a posting on this thread.

That just drives me crazy!

A T B T Y !       ~       ŁazŁo     ;--)

This message was edited May 25, 2014 12:53 AM

Thumbnail by LazLo Thumbnail by LazLo Thumbnail by LazLo Thumbnail by LazLo
Center, TX

Hey again Lazlo, I mailed you my envy yesterday but I forgot to write on the envy what kind of seeds. I wanted the tall celosia. I don't want to drive you crazy but we are only "girls" and that's what girls do, huh? Alda

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Alda, I wouldn't touch that last bit with a ten foot pole! I just mailed the seeds to you, with a wee bit of lagniappe.

ATBTY ~ Łaz

Thumbnail by LazLo
(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Lol LazLo, smart...very smart. Your Celosia is beautiful but an annual I'm not ready for, I've got to find something to hide first. Perhaps I'll get some next year if you offer it again. Great to see you back in action! ATBTY!!!
Robin

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks, Robin - - tho' I am probably at least 2 months away from clearance to get back to playin' in the dirt. [ sigh! ]

Thumbnail by LazLo
(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

I've almost jumped on this offer more than once but I'm w Mipii, nowhere to plant at the moment! However, I stumbled upon this sumptuous pic earlier and it reminded me of this thread. That'll send em running your way, Laz :))

(Btw pic is from Pam Pennick's blog)

Thumbnail by StillPlaysWDirt
Center, TX

Lazlo, I got your seeds and I have a question. Are the morning glories those small orchid ones about 1 inch diameter? If not what do they look like. I have already planted the others, celosias. Thanks again. Alda

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes, they are. Some sources also call it field bindweed. Give them ground to cover or something to climb. If you let them self-seed quite a large display can be made with them.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Seems there's very little call for these.
This thread is closed.

The seeds are still available.

Austin, TX(Zone 8b)

Seems there's very little call for these.
This thread is closed.

The seeds are still available.

Ellendale, DE(Zone 7a)

I see that the thread is closed but seeds are still available. I am interested in something tall because there is a lot that needs hiding on the property. Will send a dmail.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.