NIGHT OWLS ONLY - OPEN: 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. (4th Call)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

This is the next rendition of "Night Owls Only."

This thread is for folks who aren't asleep and may be looking to blather about the Military coup in Thailand, this week's massive beef recall, or NBC Nightly News' exclusive interview with Edward Snowden.

RULZ:

(1) No shoes, no shirt, no problem;

(2) NO POSTS BEFORE 12:00 a.m. EST;
http://wwp.eastern-standard-time.com/

(3) NO POSTS AFTER 5:59 a.m. PST;
http://wwp.pacific-standard-time.com/

(4) Please use the 12 a.m. - 6 a.m. window for whatever zone you're in;

(5) No politics or religion; and

(6) Hissing is allowed, but only by me.

It could be a very lonely place. OR it could be the most fun you've had all day.

See you tonight? Or later this morning...

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1343246/

Original thread here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1324860/

Image courtesy:

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/polls/389000/389128_1267487831535_full.jpg

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Rancho Santa Rita, TX(Zone 8a)

This night watchwoman reporting for duty !

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Am up early after 6 beautiful hours of solid sleep.I guesss the fresh air I got messing with my flowers did it. I hope the absence of most all of you last night means you got sleep to. so how long did you watch watch woman? ok off to do something even if it is wrong.

This message was edited May 24, 2014 5:49 AM

I was up , umm, don't know how long, had a little niggling pain
in my chest, so took a pill, prayed till it subsided and talked
myself into trying harder to rest.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

I am up pacing some , been planting this and that , counted almost 600 zinnia planted so far , should make for a butterfly feast later ,,lol
Watching iris bloom , hoping for more ,

No Religion or Politics???!!!! ,, oh my!!! Truth is I won't miss starting arguments that way either ,,lol
Well it is that time when I start getting goofy ..

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm up and I need to get some sleep. I'm working everyday at a friends yard sale and I come home tired and hot. We are talking about opening a produce stand at the flea market and I will run it. The local flea market just sold and the new owner would like a produce stand inside and one outside. We are trying to decide where I should be. I'd like the one inside as there is air conditioning and I don't handle the humidity to well. Plus I wouldn't have to pack up everything at the end of the day and put it back out in the morning. Plus I'd have to carry it all around with me in my Jeep during the week in the heat or try to carry all the produce into my house for the week.

I also have a major problem I let my niece and her husband move in with me surposedly on a temoray basis. They were to hel me out after my right shoulder surgery, when I would have difficulty taking care of myself. Well, all went well for a while, but they have been drinking every day and Friday night he went nuts and started screaming at me that i an a lazy bitch and treated him like a "n*^(". I have more than once thanked them both and him separetly for all their help and he has become the main cook for the house. He was a professional cook when he was able to work and he is very good at it. Anyway, he was very threatening and scared me really badly I thought he was going to hit me. When I told them ot pack up and get out, he changed his tone and come back into my room to apolize, but he still did it in a commanding way. I know they don't have money to move out immediatly because of all the beer they buy and consume on a daily bases, but I need to get them to save money and get serious about moving out. Most of the dirt around here that he is complaining about it my craft stuff that I had to remove from my craft room for them to use the room as a bedroom. So the hall is lined with boxes and things from my craft room. After they move out I can set up the room for my crafts
again and clean up the hall.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sounds like a lot to do , Marti , and the relatives also . Can be work to get along with in the best of times , stress full days are worse .
I have no idea what I am doing awake , I have that quiet , but busy feeling ,,
Time try to sleep again for few hours .

I'm up n at em, AGAIN !

We have a gray and white adolescent cat, Romeo
who is always underfoot. We have gray carpet.

in the mostly darkness of the night, I just stepped
on Romeo's tail. He squawked and too off.
I hate to cause him pain, but he needs to learn
to not be a Velcro kitty stuck to human feet !

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Wheeee! My wonderful husband got me a Galaxy note 10.1 for my birthday. You lovely people will be treated to my posts with capital letters, spelling and punctuation. I am in love with it. (Not my favorite quality about myself....so materialistic!)

Its OK to be materialistic for your birthday.

Greedy is something else...

Been sitting here watching the radar, hoping for rain
right here on our ranchito, it appears to be dancing
around us :(

Boring boring but not enough to put me to sleep... sound
of rain would be so nice.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Spent 4 days in the heat and humitiy doing a storage shed sale. My friends wanted to clan stuff out of their storage sheds so we set up a sale. I'm exhusted and sun burned. I spent most of today lying up in bed in front of fans. Now I'm up and working on cooking beans with bacan bits and onions for my friends. It's their beans and bacon bits. They just don't have a kitchen to cook in at this time, so I'm doing it for them. They can warm it up after it's cooked.

My great-niece contacted us that her boyfriend is at it again and she left him. I mean her ex boyfriend who moved her into the spare bedroom of the apartment they shared and moved another girl in who is now pregnant. And he wants her (my niece) to stay around and help raise his kid. Than he throws her out again. The guy is a major ASS. Anyway she is on her way her with her 2 little dogs who will be staying with us for the week. Her mom is staying with me at this time and she will care for the dogs. I told them that they (the dogs) can stay for the week only if they make sure they do not hurt one of my cats or my little mini dachund.

We had thunderstorms thru today. A little rain, but at least the garden is happy.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, I got my 19 yr old nephew off on the plane to texas to meet his father for the first time. The last time he was with his father, he was less than a yr old so he's never really met him. I hope and pray that the next 2 weeks are good for him. He not only will meet his father but alot of other family members so he is happy, nervous and scared. Plus he's never been on a plane before. So yesterday was alot of firsts for him.

My niece and her husband have been on thier best behavior since the incident but I'm still gently pushing them out of the house. They are surposed to meet and look at an apartment today at 1 pm. I pray that it works out and they move in asap. I need my space back again. Esp my craftroom that they are using as a bedroom.

Good luck amiga.
Where in TX ?

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

O my, Marti - that's a lot of news and important big stuff, too. It would be nice to see you have a little time by yourself - like an "International Coffee" moment or a "Calgon" moment (take me away!).

I haven't been here for eons, but I find myself not able to sleep tonight. So here I am. Have enjoyed reading your posts and hearing the news.

Me, the ride is as bumpy as ever. Boring, soap opera stuff. Not enough gardening. Getting hot here, got laid off from my summer nursery job today as they are cutting hours/staff as it's "that time of year." Good enough - I have paperwork to finish for my master's degree. Maybe if I put my head to it I can finish it once and for all.

Keep your fingers crossed for me! and also to find sleep.

xo
A.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Amanda, nice to hear from you. What is your masters in? I started to do my Masters in Business with University of Phoenix when I was in Calif and could not finish it. The way they do it, I was on a team that demanded that I always take time off work to meet with them and yet they would not take time off work for the team meetings. The University has tried several times to get me to come back and finish, but I told them no. Now that I am 67 I just don't think it is worth it. Plus having a BSBA has not helped me get a job. I graduated with that in 2005 and no one would hire me because of my age.

Enough about that. MY veggie garden is doing good. I have corn (Peaches and Cream), bush green beans, peas, onions, cabbage and tomatoes. My friends brought over a rototiller and tilled some of my backyard for the garden. They are coming back to finish rototilling the back yard. I want to get me a small tiller that will handle the garden area after it is turned over by the big tiller. This yr is an experiment with the veggie garden. But watch out next yr I'll be all over it.

Well, I'm going to try and get some more sleep. I have PT this morning and they work my behind off. The ortho dr decided instead of surgery on my knees, we would try some PT and see if we can strengthen my legs especially my tighs. Lots of fun!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

well, I guess this night owl is the only one up and wondering around. Nothingon TV to watch so I'm working on decorating another birdhouse gourd. I finished one and am now doing one that I'm covering with material so that it looks like a patchwork quilt.

Still doing PT for my knees and it seems to be helping. I have a list of exercises I have to do twice a day at home. Lots of fun!!! LOL!

Springfield, OR(Zone 8a)

Hiya all. I'm up, dragging my mind thru the bracken. Still.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Pacing around , wondering , doing seed labels , I'm too , too , tired for this ,, so naturally it is what I am doing , say huh ? lol
I have the lack of sleep sillies ...

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

good morning, boys and girls! I am in a hotel at lax--los angeles airport. this is a crazy story--a ridiculus amount of flying. jet blue needed someone to test their new jfk-lax flight for ada cmpliance, and they asked ME. so we flew DFW-boston, saw my mom, bos-jfk, jfk-lax, then today we fly lax-jfk-bos-dfw. crazy amount of flying.

our new apartment has a patio we pass every time we come or go. it is overflowing with annuals. i have nicotiana, petunias, purslane, portulaca, basil, cherry tomatoes, and it all looks great.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

carrielamont, free flights? How great! Wish they would ask me to take a flight to Calif. I'd love to see my son and grandson. I last saw them in July 2012 when my DIL kicked me out of the house and I returned to Kentucky. Oh, Well!

I'm doing my normal thing. Sleep 2 hours,get up for 2 hours. Than sleep 2 hours and get up again. I do that all night! Makes me take a nap in the afternoons. Well, time to try and get some more sleep.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

My husband works for Jet Blue Airways, so yeah, plenty of free flights but no free rental cars or hotels. We can get anywhere but we can't afford to stay there!

I don't usually get a lot of jet lag on these short trips--I'm not in any one place long enough to get acclimated to the time. But man was I tired today. I didn't know what day or time it was. Now, of course, I'm WIDE awake!

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Lucky you!
It's after 3am and I'm up and wide awake. Any other night owls around out there?

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

2 AM and I have to leave at 5:30 to drive to Nashville and I can't get to sleep. Darn!!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lets hope you don't ,Sleep And Drive ,,
sleep is being evasive around here also .
Not much more to say , besides it sure is getting hot in the daytime

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

I'll be with someone and I think I'll let her drive to Nashville and I'll nap.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Marti ) Somehow ,,, I just knew you were going say something like that !!!LOL^_^

Well at least that way , you can enjoy the scenery on the way back , . takes a while to get back to napping after appointments ...
Some way , you might think I have done that before? ,,lol

My first zinnia bloom today .. I will get pic for next time ;

Stay safe , and good luck tomorrow ..^_^

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, the trip to Nashville is done. I drove half way there and half way back. Saw the Grand Ole Opry, the Mall and the Jeep over heated. Thank goodness I had water with us. I have to get that checked out. Anyway it was a nice day, hot but good to get away from the house for a while. On the way back we stopped at Best Buy in Bowling Green and had lunch at Captain D;s
I was not impressed with Captain D's chicken strips. I still prefer Hardy's chicken tenders. We left here at 6 am and got home around 5 pm. Long day!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Gosh I was WIDE awake last night; I should have come here! We have been swimming a lot recently, with the result that I am very sleepy by bedtime, yet still awake ofor a long time around 2--5am.

I've also been trying to wean myself off klonazepam. I've been taking it since about 1987! What I started taking it for was pain and spasms. There wasn't anything back then that worked on spasticity that was long acting and didn't make you (me) stupid.
Now they have much better drugs and I'm taking most of them.

Meanwhile, I am totally addicted to klonazepam. I don't enjoy being addicted to a controlled substance, so I am deleting 0.25 mg a night. Last night was ghastly, but I hope that was just a coincidence. .

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me. I may be getting rid of my house guests soon. They have a chance to get a 2 bedroom apartment in Richmond and they will move back there. Oh yes! Please let it be true. I need my peace and quiet back and my craft room. I'm so tired of their drunken everynight.

I'm having trouble sleeping due to the heat. I've got 2 fans going in my bedroom and still can not cool down enough to sleep. The weather report says maybe thunderstorms tonight. I'm praying for rain. My garden needs watering.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Crossing my fingers for you!!!

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Good Sleep in Middle Age Can Improve Cognition:

http://psychcentral.com/news/2014/06/17/good-sleep-in-middle-age-can-improve-cognition/71317.html

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Marti we will keep them crossed here also ,
I would send you the Thunderstorms we are having at this hour went from 90 degrees to 70 in a half hour , Unfortunately that is beyond my control .

Amanda , ought oh , it's Too Late for Me ,, oh darn !!! lol . Like my cognitive really cares anymore , (I think I lost that part a long time ago ) sheesh ...

he , he ,, ^_^

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Thanks everyone!!! When I let my niece and her husband move in with me, it was only surposed to be for a short time. It has now been 4 months and instead of saving money to get a place of their own, they are drinking up the money. They were surposed to give me something every month to help pay the electric bill and for the dish network, but have not done that either. I finally got mad and told them I expected $300.00 a month starting July 1st. I finger I will keep $100.00 (that's what I had told them before) and I'll save the $200.00 towards getting them the down payment on a place of their own. We almost had a place for them, but the guy wanted $900.00 for them to move in than $325. a month after that. If they had put $200.00 a month back, they would of had enough to try and get the place, but no, they have to buy 4-8 six packs of 16 oz cans of beer a day and drink, drink, drink.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ugh, I don't like beer and unreasonable beer drinkers are the worst. Good luck with your xituation, dear. I am awake again, of course, but I may try sleeping again just for fun.

marti, I think my first serious insomnia was when we moved and I woke up evrry might and worried about money, for an hour or two every night. You have all my sympathy.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Marti I've known for a long time that you were a saint. :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you so that you get those ingrates out of your personal space and can have restful contemplative peaceful time again.

xox
A.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Well, here I am up and wide awake. I spent weekend sitting at the flea market selling produce. Did pretty good. Of course, I was selling for someone else so the money is not mine. I get paid to do this for a friend.

I can't get the garden watered enough and the tomatoes are not getting very big before they start to ripen. But they taste good!

My father raised me with the belief that you treat people the way you want to be treated. And that's what I do.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I see everyone else break the rulz so here goes, When I got home from Kentucky I came down with pneumonia and spent 3 days in the hospital un conscious then the next three days semi conscious .Needless to say I was very sick. When I finished the hospital week I was sent to a nursing home for one of the most horrible weeks of my life. I am at home now and very weak but feel pretty good. The nursing home is a necessary evil but you have to bless the woman who work there because for the most part there's is a labor of love they sure

and puttering but still very weak. I putter 10 minutes and head for the couch fo an hour.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Eweed, I'm breaking the rulz too but I have to comment! I had pneumonia in 2001 for 6 weeks--they told my husband TWICE that he should make his final goodbyes. I had two little girls at the time and I did NOT want them to be in the custody of their evil, useless birth father.

Anyway the last time I see you here was May 24. Have you had pneumonia and come back from the frail since then? Takes a lot of strength.

My first several days they told me one week of pulmonary rehab for every day in hospital. Then they stopped talking about discharge at all. Ended up with 5.5 weeks of inpatient, 3 days of rehab hospital/nursing home. I hated that and it scared me. We arrived on Friday night and got totally spooked out because the staff there was setting up a work-around for the alarm system. It was supposed to be connected to people's trachs and to go off if someone's trach machine stopped working. It kept triggering with people who didn't have trachs, so the nursing staff fixed it with a butter knife (!) so it wouldn't go off at all. Yikes. By the time I saw the MD on Monday I was like "GET ME OUT OF HERE!" He wrote me discharge orders for Tuesday morning.

Somerset, KY(Zone 6b)

Ernie, good to hear that you are home. Just take it easy and get well. Puttering is good just don't over due it.

Verona, ON

Ernie I knew I would find you here. Glad to see you are home and feeling better.You take care of yourself - ya don't want to miss out on going to Alaska this summer.
D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.