Yellow flowers are hard to capture

Lake Stevens, WA(Zone 8a)

I am trying to up my game so my DG photos are better. I am having particular trouble capturing yellow flowers. Advice anyone? Or a book recommendation? I would love to take a class from Gasrocks, but I live too far away. I am not afraid of technical info, but computerese is only a second language for me...I learned on a totally manual camera, a long time ago, and am trying to get back into it.
Pics #1-3:Bartzella peony. It is more yellow than this. My best attempts are to photograph in overcast or evening, and underexpose a bit.
Pic #4:Paeonia lutea. It is indeed an amazingly bright yellow, but then the inside is a bit too yellow, In reality it is a bit more orange inside.
Pic #5: A tree Peony called Tria. Again it is washed out in the photo and not the gorgeous buttery yellow of real life.

Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil Thumbnail by Pistil
This thread has 17 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!