Moringa Tree Care?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Hi, I just got this moringa tree, and I am not sure what to do with it. I've heard you're supposed to lop off the top to make it bushier and not too tall, but I'm scared! I don't want to kill this poor tree.

Advice is greatly appreciated!

Thumbnail by Plants4myPots
Keaau, HI

To keep the tree low, pinch off the highest growing bud when young, then keep the tree healthy to spread out and fill in space.

For use, the tree should be trained, so that you can access the tree (somewhat low to the ground).

The leaves, flowers, & seeds provide food. The wood makes furniture, living structures, and fuel..

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the tip, Metro! Pinching a top bud sounds a lot less scary than cutting off the top. My neighbors informed me about the health benefits of this tree, and they had sprouted this and the one they planted in their yard from seeds they took off a mature tree they'd found beachside. I tasted one of the leaves. It was "spinach-y with a shot of black pepper" flavored, and a little harsh fresh. I am positive they'll be absolutely delish cooked, or at least wilted. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.