Goodbye Fountain...

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Too much sun, algae, bird poop and skeeters. Mosquitoes don't breed in moving water....except for mine. Anyway, decided the fountain was too much of a hassle so....

Thumbnail by jkochan
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I understand what you mean! Sometimes mine make me want to drown myself, but YUK, all that algae. ;-)

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I've had the same problem with mine and am going to make it a planter too. I just have to figure out what to put in it because it is in the sun all the time. Not easy to find plants--even cactus don't like sun all day!

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Well, what I have in there is doing great so far: Portulaca and an Adenium obesum. It gets full sun from around 9 til 7. (hence the algae problem with the fountain) It already had a water line tied to the drip system for keeping the fountain filled so I changed it to soaker hose and so far so good. We'll see what happens when summer REALY starts

Phoenix, AZ

Looks good. Love the adenium.

Chandler, AZ(Zone 9b)

Thanks Fk, I have always suffered from Brugmansia envy and that pict. turns me green.Two of the things that seem to grow best here are spider mites and squash bugs. Pumpkins and squash and Brug's are under death sentence and my two remaining plumerias are on constant alert watch. If I ever win the lottery, and if the leaches don't bleed us dry, I aspire to the Eden you've created. :-) (you will note my ASCII shills have improved Oh well, go with with what you know....

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm thinking of putting in some cactus that are native types that can take full sun here. I need to research more about it because I don't want some huge things that overgrow it quickly. I have several projects already going on at the moment so it will be awhile. As a matter of fact, I may wait until after the summer heat-a-thon. When I do get it done, I will show it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.