Epiphyllum 'Kathleen'

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Several years ago I was given a handful of Epiphyllums. I kept 3. This one was called, rightly or wrongly, 'Kathleen'. All of a sudden they just opened in a flash, like most of my "cactus" do. xuling

Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling
Mountain View, HI

Nice to see the orange with the fuschia color. Great bloom

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I like that one too. Here are a couple of blooms from mine this month.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Mountain View, HI

Domehomedee - Do you know what the yellow one is called. That peachy one is gorgeous

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Mine is "humdinger".

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

The peachy and yellow Epis are most beautiful. Jealousy galore. Here is a third bloom and all three together. xuling

Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

You know this could be the "King Midas". I say this mainly because it's blooming so well. "King Midas" always puts on a good show.
The Red / Pink one is also a really good bloomer, it was the first one I ever had.
I have a deep red that has smaller flowers that is also a great bloomer. I have some rooted cuttings if either of you want some.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Thank you for the offer Domehomedee, but I only have them because they were a gift, and I really am a fan of Cactus/Succulents (that is why I gave most of them away. In addition I do not need another ADDICTION ja ja ja :) xuling

Mountain View, HI

Thank you Domehomedee. I have sent you a D-mail.

I am an addict but do not know of a 12 step program to fight the addiction.

Pawleys Island, SC

Those are all gorgeous!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I know the 12 step group . . . it's called Epi A, that even sounds Hawaiian.
Years ago I took a friends "troubled teen" to Hawaii as a reward for good behavior. We were hiking around Hilo when she asked "are all the landmarks in Hawaii named after bodily functions?"
I said "What do you mean?". She replied "Well we just saw Akaka Falls and now we are at Pe e pe Falls". Good news is she starts Med School in the Fall.

Camano Island, WA(Zone 8a)

Domehomedee, I just noticed that last post. That's a HOOT! I bet she does great in med school.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.