Season's bloom is over for me!

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Bearded Iris have been gorgeous this year! Sad to see season end, already looking forward to NEXT March-April. Just wish I had room for more.

Cut the last white to bring inside, tidied up a late black, and one yellow that is blooming out--then, that's it.

Thumbnail by gessieviolet
Concord, NC

Yes! the iris in the Carolinas are just about all bloomed out :-(. The Iris in North and South Carolina 2014 were even more beautiful and glowing this year then usuall, but it went by faster than I remember it being as I think it was a week or two shorter than the last 2 or 3 years, also had quite a few Late bloomers blooming in with the Midseason ones this year early which was quite beautiful to see them all blooming together..that was a first though. here were some of our clumps as a finale..from left to right pics are clumps of MT. TIMP, CALLIOPE'S DREAM, MARY GEDDES, & JOY. and Last pic is COWBOY MYSTIQUE(blue) LACE ARTISTRY(pink) and HOOK(dark magenta)

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Jamestown, NY(Zone 5a)

I was in North Carolina last week. The iris were gorgeous in certain areas. I wondered if they liked the cold weather.

Concord, NC

they probaly do like the colder weather in the north better as less humidity and leaf spot and things, but gardeners in NC and SC are lucky because of the early bloom season, and ability to garden here like 10 months out of the year..actually 12 as their are some winter blooming iris that survive like the cactus and palm trees you will see here! such a sight causes much zone envy in gardeners in the fridgid zones that dont get to see Iris till early Summer..I used to live in one and be one of the zone envy types, although I lived in Hawaii in late1968-70 when I was in the service, and missed the season change back in Upstate NY, still Season change In NC and SC but warmer :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.