May Blooms

Columbia, SC

I've new Daylily crosses blooming for the first time and I want to share. Please upload your lovely blooms too so we can admire them.

1. First flower of Tigerland x Fire Coral 2012-2; bloomed 05.10.14
2. First flower of Litchfield Plantation x Just Fabulous 2012-4; bloomed 05.10.14

Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Welcome Bulclippr !! Those two seedlings are nice. All I have so far are a few scapes. I am still a few weeks away for my first bloom.

Columbia, SC

Thanks! I find it exciting to see new flowers every morning. Here are yesterday's flowers:

1. Country Cavalier x Steve Trimmer 2012-1
2. Country Cavalier x Steve Trimmer 2012-2
3. Tigerland x Fire Coral 2012-2

It's surprising just how different the flowers can vary with the same genetic cross. Unfortunately, Tigerland's 2nd flower didn't open all the way.

Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome Bulclipper! Your seedlings are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Us northern folks are still waiting for blooms. It's nice to see yours while we wait. :)
It's amazing the different looks that come from the same cross. It's why crossing daylilies is so much fun. You never know! Please keep sharing!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

I agree with TD!!

Columbia, SC

They're blooming everywhere!

1. You and Eye x Unknown 2012-1
2. Patterns in Time x Unknown 2012-1
3. Tooth x Way of Life 2012-3
4. Cranberry Winter x Unknown 2012-2
5. Tigerland x Fire Coral 2012-3

I'm in love with the Cranberry Winter cross, but am not so crazy about the Tooth cross. Unless it's other flowers are better, it's going to be given away or tossed. You and Eye is startling and the third Tigerland cross has more orange coloration than it's "sister" plant shown above. Overall, I'm quite happy with today's blooms. A couple are set to open tomorrow, but I'm worried the predicted thunderstorms and heavy rains may damage them.

Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr
Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Bulclippr they are all nice. The first one is my fav.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I second Mike! They are nice seedlings!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

They are all beautiful!

I love the bright pink of the tooth!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Very nice seedlings!!!

Columbia, SC

The rain and cooler temperatures have been tough on my new blooms, but I did get a few interesting ones over the weekend.

1. Cranberry Winter x Unknown 2012-2
2. Country Cavalier x Unknown 2012-5
3. Passion for Red x God Save the Queen 2012-1
4. Steve Trimmer x Meet Joe Black 2012-2
5. Cranberry Winter x Fire Coral 2012-4

Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr Thumbnail by bulclippr
Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Bulclipper, Beautiful Blooms! I love 3 and 4 they are awesome!

I have Blooms! It's Knickknack but it's my first bloom and I'm happy as could be about it. :)

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Sorry, forgot to load the picture. Lol

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

What is going on. Once again. Lol

Thumbnail by taylordaylily Thumbnail by taylordaylily
Columbia, SC

There's just such joy when daylilies bloom! They herald warm sunny days.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Amen! I can't wait to get my next bloom. :) I have several scapes popping up. It's exciting every time I find one. Lol

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Once again you have some very nice seedlings!!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Nice sdlgs there bulclippr. Did you buy these seeds?
TD, lucky you!!

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

Thanks Mike! I hope to have more soon. You shouldn't have long. :)

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Such beauties, ya'll. I'm still waiting for a bloom. And waiting, and waiting. lol. At least the orange ditch lilies are budding so it won't be long for some of them to bloom. Meanwhile ...

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Our season is going to be late this year. No buds on ditch lilies even. The only daylily with scapes is a species one H. Middendorfii. Should be blooming in a few days.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

My bloom season is late this year.

St. Simon's Island, GA(Zone 9a)

This is today's new bloom. Tag was on it, but the words were too faded.

Thumbnail by happytail
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

I have New Testament and Happy Returns blooming today! It was so exciting to see them this morning as I was leaving for work! Made having to return to work a little easier.......... ^_^

Beautiful seedlings Bulclippr ................ did you cross all those yourself or purchase seeds??

I would say I have scapes on at least 50% or more of the DLs now............seems to be more everyday! Glad to see bloom season finally arrive - it was a LONG winter!

Genna

Thumbnail by gen2026 Thumbnail by gen2026
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

My Columbines are in full bloom.

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

A few more....

Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady Thumbnail by hemlady
Columbia, SC

Here are some of the best from the past week. It's tough to keep up with all these guys especially since there are about 30 different ones blooming each day. Some are totally hitting the mulch pile or will be given away.

1. Regal Afternoon x Unknown 2012-4
2. Rock Solid x Santa Catalina 2012-2
3. Dancing with Julie x Unknown 2012-1
4. Pumpkin Prince x Sharon Green Eyed Red 2012-4
5. Pumpkin Flame x Fire Coral 2012-1

Columbia, SC

I bought all of these as seeds in late 2012 and early 2013, germinated them, grew them in seedling trays, and planted them out in late summer. I'm stunned to see so many bloom this year since I thought it would take at least two years for them to flower. Some of them, however, are still tiny tufts. It's been really exciting to see what has opened each morning and surely puts a spring in my step when I leave the house for the day. I'm even making a few crosses myself this year.

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Cindy I love Columbines! You have some that are really beautiful!!

More beautiful blooms bulclippr........ I am amazed they bloomed so quickly as well. Love that purple one in the middle!

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Thanks Genna!!!

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Cindy, Bulclippr and Genna thanks for sharing those lovely blooms. My first flowers is opening as we speak. One on two separate clumps of Endless Heart. Going to take pics after they open some more. Still have stuff to plant. Gotta get going, LOL!!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Pandora's Box

Country Uncle

Addie Branch Smith

Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219 Thumbnail by shauna1219
Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

Hello all! Nice pictures! I finally got a bloom but there are a ton of buds out there. I am still planting the stuff I got from LA and Floyd Cove. Lots of beauties. :)

Thumbnail by virginiarose

New blooms today.

Thumbnail by happytail Thumbnail by happytail Thumbnail by happytail
Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Beautiful blooms ...... I really like Pandora's Box, Addie Smith and your last one Happytail......... do you know the name of it??

I love them all !!

My Christine Dixon was blooming yesterday and obviously had bloomed the day before and I had missed it...............

The rain messed up the bloom some, but I thought I would share anyway.

Genna

Thumbnail by gen2026

I don't know the name of it, it was one I dug up from the old house, so I've had it a long time. I was at Lowes the other day, and they were putting daylilies on sale for a dollar! Needless to say, I came home with a bunch of them. One gallon size, and beautiful. Some were even putting on new blooms. Tiger Kitten, My Funny Valentine, Roaring Thunder(?), and another I can't remember the name of.

Hazel Crest, IL(Zone 5a)

Lucky you Happytail!! Nice blooms everyone.

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

Found a few scapes!!! Happy Returns, Wonder of it All and Unidentified Flying Object.

Hamilton, OH(Zone 6a)

I love all the Beautiful Blooms! It's a beautiful time of year!

Camden, AR(Zone 8a)

Wow - got some bargains Happy Tail! Way to go!!

Congrats Cindy..... isn't it exciting waiting on the blooms??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.