Sunday Nov. 11

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning everyone. We had another frosty morning, 25* and now the sun is out and it is going to be a beautiful day. Yesterday we had about 50* and it was a fantastic day. I moved half the compost pile again to make it fit the tarp that was available to cover it with. OOOOF! I put up a pallet fence, forked half the pile onto and around the other half and covered it. The edges of the tarp are tucked around between the pile and the pallets and bags of leaves will hold it down. The wind blowing will get in under the edges of the tarp and hopefully provide a bit of fresh air for the pile without drying it out too much. I will not look at it again until spring, I hope the pile will work for a while before the cold weather shuts it down. This morning the leaf bags had frost on them but there was none on the tarp so it is generating some warmth. Today I plan to get a new flower bed planted, make banana bread and go to the neighbors for Sunday dinner. Have a great day everyone, count your blessings.

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!