Spring blooms May 2014

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Now that I'm back guess I'll start the spring blooms thread

Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Blooms from April

Tulips, Trillium, Bleeding Hearts

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Primrose, Tulips

I'll be back after dinner

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

May

Dwarf Iris, more tulips and wood poppy

Thomaston, CT

Very pretty, Jen....I especially like that dwarf iris! It's raining now, but I'll get some photos of my bloomers later....

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Lovely, Jen.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Just took a tour around the yard
The purple lilac is still in a pot, I need to get that planted
Baby Blessed Iris
Aquilegia
Dwarf Iris

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Brunnera
Phlox 'Home Fires'
Fairy garden covered in cherry blossoms
Solomon's Seal
Mouse Ears house among the blossoms

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Remember my berm?
It is all filled in

more tulips and

closer on Red Bud

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Geraniums
Samobor(the dark one)
and...... the name escapes me at the moment, haha.... senior moment

This message was edited May 9, 2014 6:20 PM

Thumbnail by flowAjen Thumbnail by flowAjen
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Senior moment, my foot!!! Much too young for that, dear.

Love how your berm filled in

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that berm looks good jen and the redbud is nice - mine was not hardy enough and keep starting over every year.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

The berm looks great! How quickly it filled in! Great planning...

Thomaston, CT

Agreed....awesome job.......Love the dark geranium.....it will be awhile before there are buds here.....

Thomaston, CT

Here are a few things blooming in my gardens....double black hellebore, blue phlox, golden bleeding heart, Rembrandt tulips.....

Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG Thumbnail by ROBINDOG
Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Mmm... Love the helleboremand golden bleeding heart

Very nice, Marilyn! Your garden is ahead of mine. All I had as of zmonday was a few Daffs, the beginning of Vinca, First Early species tulips, and another tulip I bought in bud at HD.

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Thomaston, CT

Thanks, Jan....yes, Pam, I'm a little warmer down here, but things didn't really start until this week.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Love that golden bleeding heart!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks Jen for helping get our spring juices flowing! Also nice to see Pam and Marilyn's pretties. I have a few blooms and more on the way.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

My "white" garden has other color flourishes in early spring. Peonies are starting in midst of these tulips.

Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK Thumbnail by RosemaryK
Thomaston, CT

That's a lovely display! In the past several days, my peonies have gone from just emerging to budded!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Immortality, Sweet Woodruff, Azalea, Cranesbills

South Hamilton, MA

It supposedly hit 80° here over the weekend. 48° now. Have not walked the garden to see which iris bloomed while we were gone as yet. Lab appointment followed by breakfast & groceries. Now damp & cold. Can't seem to work my files at the moment--will work on figuring it out.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

Hehehe. I read that as 'Can't seem to work my flies at the moment'.... I just busted up. Silly me

Rosemary, gorgeous tulips! Can't wait to see the peonies this year, they'll really be spectacular!

Marilyn, I have 1 budded peony, and the rest are not far behind. Lots of things happened in just a day or two.. We went straight from March to May.

Most of my roses are toast. They've never done much after the first flush, and this year most died back more that ever before. Except for The Fairy, I'm going to yank them. I'm happy to be rid of the thorns and the JB's. Now I have to figure out what to replace them with...hmmmmm....

Happily many favorite plants made it, including Salvia Azurea and Rodgersia, both of which I'm thrilled about..

Also, all but one Clematis are up, and Jackmanii and Nelly Moser are growing like mad.

Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg Thumbnail by Pfg
Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Ohh! So pretty, Pam and Jenn.

None of the peonies in the white garden have buds yet, but the pinks farther down the hill are just about bursting with plump buds. The whites tend to be week 5 bloomers or later, by design. I think I may have lost the very early-blooming herbacious peonies entirely this year.

My garden is sprouting conifer pots! We just moved them over tonight so the teen who will water them can do so easily while we are gone. The hydrangeas are going to have a lot of company.

There will not be many new hollies, though. One plant company after another has called to say their ilex opacas didn't survive winter. Forest Farm is sending two in tube sizes because the larger hollies failed.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Centaurea, Aquilegia, Lamium

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Hi Everyone!

I am so jealous of all your flowers....

Here my peonies are about 3 inches tall....some of the daffodils are in bloom and I've got about 3 tulips....!! No hosta leaves yet...and the bleeding hearts are about 7 inches tall now.

Cold and rainy here now too! We had one nice day! I enjoyed every moment of it! Keep the flower pics coming...they inspire me and give me hope for warmth!

That's how my place was last week. One or two warm days, and it all suddenly changed. Amazing how cheering a few flowers can be!

South Hamilton, MA

The warm days certainly pushed the garden forward. We could tell the difference when we returned from Ohio.

Thomaston, CT

Pam, your quince is actually ahead of mine! Just a few flowers have opened....my roses are in poor shape this year....some have a few leaves on the bottom of the canes, 3 died completely, & I dug up 3 that I didn't like.....I'm happy that geum 'Tangerine" looks great....I would never have bought it if I hadn't seen Pam's first!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice blooms indeed - will have to get some pictures posted this weekend - many buds on the peony that seem to be growing a couple inches per day - might have lost one.

also not noticed some winter burn on a couple dwarf jm's will wait a while to see if buds form before trimming - not happy about that at all, also lost a rose bush.

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

I may post my woodland blooms later, after the rest of them are up. Many are new this year so not very developed yet. I'm just happy to see them. Fortune's cold Hardy Fern looks like it lied, and the Christmas fern leaves died too--gone unless something peeks up later. My own quince looks pretty feeble. Nothing like what Pam shows us. Thanks for a reason to cultivate it into health.

We're up high, so I guess although it's cooler in general, when the sun hits during the day, it's quite strong. Whatever the reason, I'm happy the quince is happy. Makes up for some of the grumps!

Lexington, MA(Zone 6a)

Mine has been pretty much abused.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Quince has been on my want list for a while now

Well this season worked, I have something yellow, blue and white growing at the same time in my yellow/blue/white garden :)

Victoria Falls and Tempting Fate

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

anyone know what kind of tree this is?

Thumbnail by flowAjen
Thomaston, CT

Love Tempting Fate! Tree is wild choke cherry.....birds, like orioles, love the fruit.....

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks for the tree id

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.