Datura Ballerina

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I am looking for seed to Datura Ballerina. Does anyone have seed to this variety??
I would trade for something, SASE or make other arrangements.
Thanks for any help.

Which color Ballerina are you looking for? There is Ballerina Yellow, and Ballerina Purple.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for asking but I found my seed. I was looking for the yellow. I have lots blooming now and will have plenty of seed. I planted some with the purple and hope to get some interesting crosses next year.

Yes, you will have plenty of seeds but since they are hybrids, they do not come true from seeds. When I planted Ballerina yellow (D. metel) years ago from seeds purchased from Park, I got yellow blooms that were not double. Purple Ballerina bloomed the same but the double was not as double.

I had 4 seeds left of the original double yellow Ballerina that I sowed this year to replenish my stock. Sold 3 and planted one. Now waiting for pods to be ready to pick. Grew only the double yellow to prevent crossing.

Photo 1 is from the cross D. Ballerina x D. inoxia (white).
2] is the double Ballerina that I have growing now from my last seeds.
3] Is D. inoxia. It is not a hybrid and I believe it is a native of Mexico.

Can't decide which one I like best. My stock of seeds

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Hummm so far every one I've planted has come back as a double yellow. This year I had about nine plants in the yard and all were doubles, they were quite pretty and I've saved as many seed as I could get. I do have the double purple swirl so some may have crossed with it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.