Memory quilt for my grandsons after their mommy died

Mantua, UT(Zone 4b)

My daughter-in-law passed away from leukemia 17 months ago. Before she died she asked me to make her two little boys a quilt each out of her clothes and their clothes. The day before she died I was to spend the day with her deciding how to put them together. When I got to their house I found that she had developed a fever in the night and had to go to the hospital. The next day was Thanksgiving and she died that evening.

After looking through her clothes I can't imagine how I could put nice dresses together with little boys T shirts and pants. My son has saved most of her clothes and there are plenty of little boys things.

Does anyone have an idea of what I could do? I have thought about making squares out of their levis and putting something in the middle, but can you imagine church dress fabric as the center?

One of my quilter friends said that we could have pictures of her and the boys put on fabric (muslin) and do something with that, but she specifically wanted her clothes and theirs together.

I can sew just about anything, but I was in the wrong line when they passed out designer talents.

Janette's full story is in the Prayer Requests under Prayers for My Sweet Daughter-in-law.

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!