SHORTY_CA-----
CHEERMOM------JUNE
FLWRSANFLYS---JUNE

ALL BOXES SHOULD BE MAILED OUT BY
MAY 26 th

This message was edited May 20, 2014 7:03 AM

Thumbnail by deejay9

I found you!

I have picked out all the plants for my swap buddy,, but will not dig and mail until the 21st.

Ocean Springs, MS

My box was mailed today! Trying to get ahead before they start the addition! After that, I may not have the time (or money LOL) to do swaps!

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

I was going to mail tomorrow, but I'm fixing a flub that I made between the baby swap and another one elsewhere, so I will shoot for Thursday. With luck, my receiver will have on Saturday.
It's so hot! 91 yesterday, 88 today. Plants may need sunscreen even inside their boxes.

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

I Heard that you can get the $1.store ICE PACKs & it would help keep things cool. Just a thought.
been another long day lots to get done but we have storms moving in :) so i might get a couple days of rest if they come in :)))
Alana I thought only i made those mistakes :)))

I am sooo tired and so busy!!

I got tons done today. Got more to do tomorrow. I hope I can get it all done by Friday..sigh.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

to late, too late. I feel like the mad Hatter. lost you all & posted on old thread. If anyone else was too late or just wants to do a trade with me, I have some wonderful shade to mostly shade wildflowers almost ready to go.
Here is my old post if anyone is interested: May Apples are up, LOTS of them. don't remember who wanted any. Also Sweet shrub Carolina allspice volunteer babies & some seed pods left. Lots of 1' Sparkleberry volunteers!4'oclocks. 1 Maidenhair fern.

I would LOVE a Flame azalea. Lilies, caladium. Those tall flowers... wallflowers My Gma used to call them.

~~wing waves~~
Birdie

Read more: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1157183/#ixzz3101zfepv

Hi Birdie I wondered what happen to you Glad you found us , Maybe you can Join us next month & also maybe someone here might be able to take on another trade :) I have my
limit for this month :) .

I Have to go to town this morning so you all have a great day will check back at noon if i can . :)

I got my box!!

Alikat set me tons of stuff perfect for my garden!

I received
Blue cardinal flower
Rose campions
Lilacs
Purple and white iris for my driveway!!!
Obediant plant
Red emperor sedum
Angelina sedum
Salvia
Coral bells
Purple cone flower
Yellow loosestrife
Orange daylily
Bee balm pink?
And gladiolus bulbs!!

I am in awe over everything in this over packed box!!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

More pictures!! And look at the poor box.,.,

Everything was nice and moist, I have already potted up most of them,, the ones for the driveway and the hosta beds will be planted tonight. The potted ones will go in the new beds being put in next week.

I beez a very happy Elfie. ;)

Alikat you done real good. Very good Kat!!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by

Kriss How do you rate I Believe you hit a gold mind again & also was you not the 1st to post last Month ????

Yippee skippee! I have a box from FLSunshinegal! As soon as I get squared away I'm going to open it up. I'll be back later with photos.

Ocean Springs, MS

Elfie, you hit the jackpot! Wow! Wish I could grow lilacs here in the Deep South!

I loved the plants in my box! Thank you so much, FLSunshinegal.
Everything is something I like.
2 aquatic Cannas! I love them. I can't wait to place them this weekend.
Coleus, Burgundy Wedding Train
3 other different patterned and colored Coleus, none like the ones I have collected this year so far.
A red Mandevilla, I don't have a red one. Love it!
A yellow/orange Lantana, a favorite plant.
Lance Whorton Caladium tubers=I don't have this cultivar-yippee!
Red Crocosmia corms
Cute Lady Bug Plant Clips

I am very very very very happy with my box.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Oh yall got some killer boxes! Way to go senders, so generous! Happy planting ladies! :D

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

So glad you like everything poisindartfrog! They don't look like they took the shipping too bad, a few crunched leaves here or there, but all are fast growers so I'm sure they'll do great for you. I was a little worried, lol! Plus, any coleus branches that got damaged will root really easily so that's a plus. That Lantana actually gets solid lavender blooms, (it just had a generic Lantana tag on it.), thought you might like something different than the standard yellow/orange. :). Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy them all! :)

I was first last month! And first again this month. Guess I beez a good Elfie??

Nice Box,,, PDF,!!

Lilacs are new to me. I sure hope they will grow here. I can actually grow more plants that tolerate cold here.. But it means I have to give up tropicals until the green house/ Florida room gets built,,sigh,,

I am very, very, very happy with my box..

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Elfie -- yea - you got your box but MAN they smashed it to bits! I hope you didn't lose any bulbs! I tossed those in loose! I know those babies will love your house!

I am very jealous of all of you with flowers already blooming! I finally have daffs up now! I got some primrose - finally - and the crocus are still in bloom!

PDF -- you got a great box too! FUN TIMES!

Greenfield, NH(Zone 5b)

birdie blue
i can trade with you....
check out my haves....and see if there's anything you're hoping for that I have....
Candi/Alikat

Look at my bloom for the day!! Black Iris. I got these in a trade 4 years ago and with all the moves it never bloomed. Hopefully I can share this next year!

Thumbnail by Thumbnail by Thumbnail by
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Awesome boxes! You hit the jackpot!

GM all just popping in for a sec busy day here getting my new rain gutters put on had to much rain yesterday to get them on so i hope to beat the rain today :)

Oh My GOSH You Ladies have some great boxes can hardly wait till the others arrive .

will try to get back in later today .

Mine went out today. I made a mistake on one of the labels. I had two similar plants ready to go and only one would fit. I put the wrong tag on it. I will correct that once it lands.
I hope it arrives with most if not all in good shape.
Alana

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Hope my box isn't due here yet... I got 2 1/2" of snow overnight and more is due on Mother's Day...ICKKKKKKK! I won't be able to get to my mailbox for another day atleast, the gravel/dirt raod is too much of a mess to even try it. (neighbor called this am to tell me there's a car stuck and causing problems for other drivers..) My box won't go out til atleast next week....but we have til the 26th..should be sooner than that tho. Kathy

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

JULIE!!!!! You got me twice this month! LOL! it was meant to be! ;)

dont ask me how she got it all in the box! Twas Magic! heres waht Mrs Froggie sent me:

Daylilies: Freeda James
Tried & True
Blooms Within
highland Lord
Micro Burst
Wally

Lantana "camara"

Purple Volcano Salvia

Mexican Hydrangeas

and this last one means the most to me.... she sent me some of her "Red Rambler" rose from her gmas garden. To me, thats the most special plant she sent! and I love me some daylilies but thats my Special one and I know right where Im going to put it! :) yep, I can be a sap lol. Julie, I love it all and cant wait to get it planted! Your partner best be as generous as your big heart!!! xoxo Amanda

Thumbnail by badcat Thumbnail by badcat

Oh my I DIDNot realize That Julie had sent to you before see that is the hardest part to these swap I Don't remember who traded with who so please when i send out name let me know if you have shared with them before. so i can fix it :)
Well Little brother just left we got the new eaves up & Now that it is shade & Breezy On the east side of the house I Need to go finish it off be back later .
Zoey just came in so will let her help me :)))

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

Susie! Dont worry! lol luv ya! She sent me a baby for the baby swap, not double on the plant swap ;) Go get a B&J ;) dont stress! :D

Ran out of B&J Have to make do with Vernors & Canadian Mist :) After I Go stick a few plants in the ground so they will get rained in :) & I can tell my Body to stop tonight :) back later

Ocean Springs, MS

Amanda, you are so very, very welcome! I can pack a box! I used to sell on Ebay and got lots of practice! LOL... I thought it was a treat to get your name again! And I'm so excited you have a piece of my Granny's rose. My sister rooted some about 30 years ago from the original plant. It's a good thing because after Granny passed away, my uncle removed every plant she had in the yard! The only things we have left are pieces and babies my mom, my aunt, and my sister got before she passed!
Can't wait to get my box! I'm so excited! There are so many beautiful plants beings sent... and such a variety!
Love you all, Julie ♥

EVENING All
Just wanted to share a really great box I got from "ReefGeek" & Andrea you done an awesome job of Packing ,

I received
Goats Beard
Coneflower "GREEN ENVY"
Queen of the Prairie
Hosta "Rainforest Sunrise"
Iris " IMMORTALITY"
3 DAYLILIES
A CORAL BELL
3 Ligularia "Britt Marie Crawford" Orthello", & The ROCKET
all had very nice labels So nice thank you Andrea for all you shared with me :)))

Thumbnail by deejay9
Kansas City (Joyce), MO(Zone 5a)

Great box DeeJay, I also got a great box also and with tags and a printed list it is amazing.

Crystal (goldhillal) you did an amazing job!
Mine are all taking a rest and getting a drink. I am sooo excited, My daisies have not come back and I almost bought some daisies today! They look good even if they don't bloom this year I just want them to get big and strong.

OK here is the list.
1. aristolochis fimbriata
2. blue (purple) roadside asters
3. campion
4. pink daisy mums
5. wild oats
6. purple heart tradescanthia
7. a whole back of shasta daiieys she grew from seeds!

In my letter about the plants Crystal tells me some of them spread, which is great because I am trying to get plants to grow along the fence row. I have been starting plants out there forever so these will work perfect.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

Great boxes everyone! I'd like to join the group. Thank-you Susie
We received:

3 Giant Ostrich Fern Crowns. When I say Giant, I mean Giant... just the way I like em.
1 HUGE Creeping Phlox in bloom - divisions will be great!
1 plant + label unidentified - Susie can ya help me here?

Oh, and, well take a look:

1. CREEPING PHLOX -light blue/purple
2. Unidentified plant and marker... (Susie help us out here)
3. 3 GIANT OSTRICH FERN CROWNS. (hint: will be trading more - just for these :-)
4. CREEPING PHLOX in the jucuzzi

Great box!
thank-you once again!

Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens Thumbnail by SPGardens
Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

Wow, everyone is getting and giving such wonderful boxes! I was going to sit out this month because it's a busy one for me, but I'm so glad I stayed in. It's such fun seeing what everyone gets and sharing in their excitement. Of course, I can't wait to get my box too, lol! What an awesome group! :)

sorry Ric thought i tagged it , its a Euphorbia Polychroma
The tag is hooked to that rubber band :))))

Wow there are some fantastic boxes flying around :)
GN all I have got to crash .

(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Happy Growing, Joyce!

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Jaye has the red white and blue swap open, come and check it out!
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1359585/

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Wow, great boxes...(wanna share? lol)

Kathy do you still have Snow ? It is Much cooler today to work outside but my Neighbor called as i was getting started to ask if i would go to town for her so i just got back & taking a small lunch break while jim gets my chips for me .
I hear the tractor so he must be on his way back to the house BBL .

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I got my box today from Alana (Poisindartfrog)!! Thank you SO much for such an amazing box- I'm so excited, I just LOVE everything! All of the plants seem to have travelled well. They'll be in their new potted homes by tonight. :).

Abutilon Bellevue mix, blooming!- I LOVE flowering maples
Fuchsia, blooming!- been wanting this for a long time
Fuchsia triphylla var - and, yay! - another fuchsia
Pandora vine - this plant is one I've never heard and I'm so excited to grow it
Four o'clock harlequin - have several diff 4 oclocks, but this is one I've been wanting
Buddleia buzz - magenta - perfect addition to my butterfly garden
Coleus green autry - a new to me coleus - love it
Gladiolus - orange - who doesn't like glads!
I can't quite make out the name on the last one...I'll put a pic below :)

Big hug to you Alana! Thanks again!

Thumbnail by FLSunshineGal Thumbnail by FLSunshineGal
(Crystal) Waverly, AL

Could it be a Ruella- a wild petunia, maybe?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.