Illinois Wildflowers

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Thought I'd give you a taste of some of the wildflowers found around here.

Viola pubescens, Downy Yellow Violet; Claytonia virginica, Spring Beauty; Arisaema triphyllum, Jack-in-the-Pulpit; Trillium recurvatum recurvatum, Prairie Trillium; Erythronium albidum, White Trout Lily.

Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon
Gilbert, AZ

Cool! Will you get a lot of humidity where you are now?

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, just 30 miles or so off of Lake Michigan, plus there are four lakes on the property, called appropriately, Four Lakes; 325 acres of lakes, condos, apartments and woods.

Gilbert, AZ

Sigh. Sounds gorgeous! Was this part of the area that had the hellacious winter? (well, any winter that includes snow is hellacious in my book, but I remember reading about some really bad stuff around Lake Michigan.)

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Crista, it was indeed; we even had snow in mid-April, but today and tomorrow are supposed to be in the mid-80's and it's about time.

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Philadelphia Fleabane, Balsam Ragwort, False Solomon's Seal, Wild Black Cherry and Mayapple.

Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.