My Iris are beautiful, I think

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

One of the pleasures I get from my garden is photoing the plants. Today's threatened storms means that many of my Iris will probably be gone tomorrow, You should have seen me outside in the wind, with my little point and shot camera and big a big piece of cardboard---But wow! I got some good remembrances of what was!!

Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet
Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

That's true dedication !! Looks like it was worth it, though ! very nice shots of some very nice iris !...Arlyn

Concord, NC

Very Lovely! Im Dreading that same storm here tonight too here in NC im just 4 hours NW of You. just one week away from Peak Midseason Blooms..a shame if the rain ruins them and wind knocks them off before i can get some pics of some new varieties..really like Your Bi-tone Navy Blue one!

(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

Beautiful flowers and pictures. I also enjoy when I (totally by accident) get a particularly pretty flower pic.

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Guess what!!

Wonder of wonders, I found the list of names of Iris I originally planted! Now all I have to do is match names with photos.

I list 25 different named varieties in 2006, have added a few since then. Unfortunate, in those days, I was not into photoing so have no pictures with list.

Any help ID the photos? I will publish other photos if anyone cares to help.

I know the pink is "Beverly Sills" (My favorite pink)

Lincoln, NH(Zone 4a)

Please do publish more photos. So far your pictures are wonderful.

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Here are 5 more that I especially like

Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet Thumbnail by gessieviolet
(Mary) Anchorage, AK(Zone 4b)

All lovely. I look forward to seeing mine in a month or so.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Looks like another batch of nice ones ! As to I.D., if you have a list of names, you could either search those on the Database, the AIS Wiki, or at a "vendor's" site (Blue Jay has a very "searchable" site.), that should make tagging your beauties pretty easy....Arlyn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.