Starting again in Central Utah

Centerfield, UT

Moved from Maryland and trying to set up a new AV collection. Just received a shipment of 10 seller's choice plants from Violet Barn. Would love to chat about violets and share information.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Welcome.You came to the right place.^_^

Lynn

Centerfield, UT

Thanks Lynn

Let us know which ones you got.We love pictures too.

Lynn

Centerfield, UT

Here is a picture of the 10 plants from Violet Barn.

Blueberry Taffy
Perfect Harmony
Kev's Heavenly Star
Ness Orange Pekeo
RS Mavka (Russian
Mas Butterfly Garden
Outer Limits
Neon Fireflies
Lucky Devil
Blueberry Puff

Thumbnail by lindanavarro

Very nice selection and great looking plants.I'm sure you will be delighted with them.Don't for get to post a want/have list on the top of the forum when you are ready.

Lynn

Centerfield, UT

Thanks, Lynn

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome!

What a nice selection. So "new" as in new to growing African violets....or "new" as in you are starting over with new plants?

I was born and grew up near Annapolis. Although I live in Ga, I still have a house there in Md and will be spending couple weeks there end of May and early June.

Any questions, please ask. We all grow a little differently so there should be lots of tips. Will your plants in window light or are you growing under lights?

take good care. tish

Centerfield, UT

Hey tish

"New" as in starting over with new plants. When we moved from Maryland I gave my collection away. I knew they wouldn't survive the trip OR if they survived I would have died tending them. SO start over. My plants are in a wonderful South window.

Have a great time in Maryland. Such a beautiful state. I will be vacationing in VA in June to visit family.

Linda

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

You have a great vacation too.

We had a club member move from St Paul to Ga and she told us she was growing her violets back out. What she did before she moved.... was take off all the leaves except the three sets of the crown. Also took off the roots and put the crowns in a rooting box. She said most of them survived. And she didn't have to worry about taking care of them while she was getting moved into her new home. I thought that was interesting, I've never read about anyone doing that before. It was something I would never have thought of.

tish

Bellevue, WA(Zone 8a)

Ooh I really like the front left one with the pink on the leaves, plus the variegated one. Which cultivars are those?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.