Echinopsis/Trichocereus blooms I!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

beautiful flowers Xuling and Smashed. I just missed the narrow window in which three of my E. hybrids had at least 3 flowers each, while I saw them get ready to open on Friday night, I did not get up early enough on Saturday to catch the flowers open, I just saw the shriveled up remains... Better luck next time I guess.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

A surprise flower on a plant I received in the spring.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Smashed! That color is surreal! Really nice.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I just came across this thread - this is my Echinopsis "Los Angeles". My late MIL brought it up here to Iowa from TX over 20 years ago, according to my DH. We keep it in our basement over the winter and don't water it at all; then when the nights get warm enough, we put it on our deck in full sun and this is what it does for us :) The blooms only last 1 day, but it blooms quite a bit. This past summer, I pulled 30 pups from around the big plant and gave them away lol.

Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me Thumbnail by Dragonflys4me
barmera, Australia

Oh I am very partial to Echinopsis. Thank you everyone for your beautiful pics. Here's some of my Echinopsis pics. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris Thumbnail by ctmorris Thumbnail by ctmorris Thumbnail by ctmorris Thumbnail by ctmorris
Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

Just amazing! Nice to have such lovely blooms this time of year. One of the perks of growing these beauties A! Thanks for sharing!

Decatur, GA

Spectacular flowers Colleen. Each more beautiful than the last.

barmera, Australia

Helen, we don't seem to have the Hybrids here that you do but the ones that we do have are certainly noteworthy. I love them. Colleen

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Nice colleen. Mine are all in hibernation right now. I bought five Schick hybrids this year. This is the only one that bloomed so far.

Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Wrong picture This is Schick Hybrid "Gold Emblem".

Thumbnail by smashedcactus
barmera, Australia

Very nice, Gary. We don't have many hybrids here I don't think. If we have, I don't know where to get them from. I'll have to google them and see if I can find any. Colleen These flowered very well this season.

Thumbnail by ctmorris
Decatur, GA

I really can't decide which color I like best. I guess I will just have to keep looking at the beautiful pictures. Thanks everyone for posting.

Andrews, TX(Zone 8a)

That golden color is surreal Smashed! Beautiful. So rich!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.