Euphorbias

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Euphorbias are my second favorite succulent family. I got 4 seeds from my E. obesa, but in my haste, I didn't pack them very well and 2 got crushed, but I have other pods ripening at home. I also picked up a E. mammilaris variegata today at HD and a E. lactea compacta at IKEA a few weeks ago. I also have E. ferox and E. bupleurifia x Suzannae. The last pic is my E. obesa, the one in the middle is the male and the others are both females.

Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon Thumbnail by frogymon
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Wonderful! Euphorbias are among my favorites too. And there are lots of them.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

My favorite plants to grow from seed.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero
Decatur, GA

I got my Euphorbias out on the porch after a long rest. Most are just starting to show signs of new growth. Here is a sample. The first one bloomed all winter in the south window.

Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild Thumbnail by helenchild
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

I also enjoy Euphorbias. They are relatively easy to grow and offer a wide variety of plants. I have several in pots but my favorite is this "Moroccan Mound" (Euphorbia resinifera) that I planted several years ago.
It faces west into the brutal AZ sun, thrives without supplemental watering and adds a nice feature to compliment my cactus and agaves.

Thumbnail by 48flash
Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

Your Euphorbias look so happy Helen! The S-H agrees with them!
Gary: I've seen that Moroccan Mound up close at your house and it is a great one! They are such perfect plants for here in the desert!

Decatur, GA

48flash, your plant is spectacular. I can only dream of growing plants like that.
Thanks Nancy. They do do well in the s/h. Many can be very prone to rot and they don't seem to in the s/h. The last one, E. pachypodioides is just getting revved up… I have had several in the past that rotted in soil so I a hoping this one will grow for awhile. I love the purple leaves.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Really nice, 48flash. Oh my!

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

It says on Desert Tropicals that E. pachypodioides should have a minimum temp of 60 degrees and to keep normally above 68 degrees. They can suffer crown rot if they are in low temps. I do love the color of the leaves! Hope you can keep it this time!

Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

Here are my 'light starved' Euphorbias

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN(Zone 6b)

And a few nicer ones. I wish mine looked as good as everyone else's. The last one is the one Helen sent me.

Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus Thumbnail by smashedcactus
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

They look good to me. :)

Here's a younger resinifera... these plants only get better with age. The fact that there's active growth (red tips) when it's been so dry here tells you something about the plant. Second shot shows a very similar east African plant called makallensis.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero

A few Euphorbias in bloom at the moment. First and third are parents of seedlings pictured above (guess which ones).

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero Thumbnail by Baja_Costero
Porter , TX(Zone 8b)

Euphorbias are my favorite plants, especially the ones from Madagascar. Here are some photos of some of my plants.
Reine

Thumbnail by reinedaze Thumbnail by reinedaze Thumbnail by reinedaze Thumbnail by reinedaze Thumbnail by reinedaze
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

I like your pots a lot too. :)

Porter , TX(Zone 8b)

Thank you Cville. I made most of the pots. I still have a kiln for pottery, though it has been quite a few years since I have made anything. I have been getting the urge to make some more pots, lol.

Decatur, GA

I like your plants and pots too reinedaze. I have an E. rossii too.
If you haven't seen this site its a good one.
http://www.euphorbia.de/fotoabc.htm

Someone sure takes good care of their Euphorbias. :) And the pots are a nice match.

Thumbnail by Baja_Costero
Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Euphorbia cyparissias.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener
Porter , TX(Zone 8b)

Really nice plant Cville. Where does it come from? What size is your plant? I have never seen, nor heard of a E cyparissias before.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you. It's commonly known as graveyard moss because it grows so well in unattended places.

My plant is in a 2 gallon pot.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.