Sweet & Hot Pepper plants for trade NW Suburbs of Chicago

Island Lake, IL(Zone 5b)

or purchase

I have pepper plants that will be ready for the 2014 growing season.

California Wonder
Hot Lemon
Pablano
Serrano
Criolla De Cocina
Guajillo
Jalapeno M
Pepperoncini
Trinidad Perfume

SWEET:
Criolla De Cocina: It produces small 4" peppers that are fragrant and richly flavored; these have strong pepper flavor making them perfect for a variety of dishes. Fruit is green turning to red as they ripen.

California Wonder: An excellent green bell pepper of nice size and very good yield; a popular old-time variety.

Trinidad Perfume: As the name suggests, this variety is perfumed like a typical habanero, but carries little to no heat. The peppers are incredibly flavourful and aromatic. They are fruity and sweet with a strong citrus flavour, yet I can bite into one without burning my mouth or destroying my digestive tract.

HOT:

Hot Lemon: The flavor is a very clean, uncomplicated, slightly citrus-y heat. 2-foot plants are covered with the thin-walled, conical fruits which reach 2-3 inches in length, with very few seed

Jalapeno M: Just 3 1/2 inches long and about 1 1/2 inches wide, these rounded, thick-walled fruits are borne in great numbers on very vigorous 26-inch plants

Guajillo: A wonderful dried chili used to make salsa and chili powder. 6 - 8 " red-brown pepper with moderate heat.

Pablano: 3- to 6-inch heart-shaped fruits are usually of gentle heat, at around 2000 scovilles. Used green, after roasting and peeling, it is the classic pepper for chili rellenos. Dried, the fruits turn a rich dark red-brown and may be ground into an authentic red chili powder. Plants reach 2 feet or so and require a long season.

Pepperoncini: The popular little, thin, pickling pepper. 3-5-inch fruit have a superb flavor and just a little heat. Small plants. This heirloom comes from southern Italy.

Serrano: Large plant bears club-shaped fruit, very hot and pungent with a distinctive flavor.

Thumbnail by reefgeek

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.