iris albicans

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

If anybody is planning to thin out their clump of cemetery iris, I would love to get a a rhizome or two for postage. thank you.

Concord, NC

I have some Albicans Cemetery Iris I can send You, But last year a saw some leaf spot on them, so far this year they look so healthy they are glowing silver from all the bone meal earlier in the year we put down, but it is early in the year and if they are gonna get any leaf spot as well manicured and fertilized as mine are it probably wont be till July till i can tell, If you want two blooming sized fans ill be happy to send them for postage but you would be taking them at the risk of some possible leaf spot which i can not rule out 100% because I am a southeastern grower where it is extremely humid. If you want them though send me a Dmail with your mailing address and shipping info and i will Dmail you back where to send postage id take a money order, i just sent someone some iris last month before I recieved shipping money and gave them feedback to be nice ahead of mine arriving, and i ended up getting a fan the size of a marble and no shipping cost for mine even though i sent them about 60 dollars worth of extras to be nice, so id have to get the shipping cost before i ship them this time and before i leave any feedback, i like to trust people but i have been burnt numerous times before. or we can trade if you have a plant i want, ill have to look at your trade list. Sandra.

Hi Sandra, I know very little about Irises, but had read I albicans grows well in my area. My area is possibly hotter and more humid than yours so even if you have managed to control spot it is bound to come back and I don't want another battle in my hands. Roses and Daylilies keep me busy enough .

Don't have any Chirstening Spirit to share. Still a small plant,

I think going to close my thread as I need to get a little more familiar with this plant.

Thanks for ur generous offer but I will pass for now. Forgive my impetuous request.

Concord, NC

Fair enough..I have wanted Christening Spirit for quite awhile as I dont have any Peach colored Spiders besides dances with giraffes which is more of an gold orange..I grow abot 250+ daylilies mostly spiders and unusual forms and they are all healthy no rust or spot..I grow about the same amount of iris mostly historic pre 1950's varieties but those can get some leaf spot here in the carolinas in the summer months, so you may want to trade when your Christening Spirit when its big enough to divide for another daylily, where did you get it?, am also interested in Dallas Star which i see is one you grow. but keep an eye on that one, as the streaking on the leaves on your pic of it is not a good sign.. especially here in the hot humid south, that kind of streaking is indicitive of a real problem.it usually leads to pale colouring. which could be, or lead to in a weakend state, 'mosaic viris', i would keep a close eye on it, to make sure it does not affect any surrounding plants..anyway if you change your mind and decide you want some albicans the offer still stands, I sent you a dmail with my mailing address. Respectfully, Sandra.

I got CS @ Paynes in the Grass and see that presently not for sale. I'll ask next time I visit.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2014 4:38 PM

No prob w / Dallas Star, hv had it a while. However it is in a much too moist an area but once neighboring bananas grow, they hog all the moisture and DLs are fine. Making a mental note to move it as why risk losing it. Thanks for suggestion to keep an eye on it.

Dont have trade list do if not posted in a forum, means not avail. for online trade or sale. Most of trading these days is local.

Concord, NC

ok..cool It Still looks like a beauty.Dallas Star is a hard one to find because everybody always wants the newest intros..i prefer the simplicity of the older ones..Moisture is a problem for me in my backyard where it is flat, they are not aereated like the ones on the hill. please stay in touch i put my journal up if you want to look at some of the daylilies or iris i can probably divide most by the fall when it cools off. i see you also bought quite a bit of daylilies from Bob at Blue Ridge..he has the healthiest largest fans we ever recieved..they are having the 50th annual daylily nationals at asheville which is the most beautiful restful place and supposed to go to his place as one of the tours they are having..but we cant go because my son is so sick right now..but would love to see all of Bob's lilies one day blooming maybe later in the year if my son's health improves.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.