Homemade soap for dishes

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

I found a couple of "recipes" while lost in Pinterest (still can't figure it out, 'tis a puzzlement) and decided to try one of them. They were both pretty similar. Couldn't find the fixin's locally so ordered from Amazon and it was enough I got free shipping. I have to tell you, that stuff is CRAP!!!! I suppose I will have to do something with those 6 bars of castile soap; the liquid I can use for hair washing, I guess. And the liquid glycerin will be great for my rough feet. The washing soda I can use in my laundry soap.

I squirt a bunch into my nice hot water and before I have washed up anything other than silverware and glasses, the stuff leaves a greasy film on the items. I won't go into what my Glad storage containers feel like. So, it is a big disappointment to me that this didn't work. There are no suds at all, tho I realize that suds do not a good detergent make.

I make my own laundry soap and have had wonderful luck with it; I was so hoping this would be a money-saver for me too. I guess not.

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!