A Few of Early Blooms

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

A few of my Irises,

Larkie

most of the name tags have been misplaced or lost..

This message was edited Apr 15, 2014 8:39 PM

Thumbnail by Larkie Thumbnail by Larkie Thumbnail by Larkie Thumbnail by Larkie Thumbnail by Larkie
Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

Really nice ! I especially like that dark red one !...Arlyn

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks.. I also like that one.

Dewey, AZ(Zone 7a)

Beautiful! Does the pale purple one smell like grape? That one looks like a species iris... Pallida.

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

I wis, but no smell at all.. I need to try and find out the names. I have them written down somewhere, The tags are long gone from them..

Larkie

I think the 2nd one is Sultan's Palace

Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Texas Dollie,

I checked the new blooms on the pale colored iris.. These have a distinct grape small. I had never noticed before..I guess all our rain washed the scent to the first blooms away,.. Thanks.

Lyndon, IL(Zone 5a)

It doesn't take long for the aroma to fade, so that's the time to check for "smell", as soon as it opens !...Arlyn

Concord, NC

RED THUMBPRINTS

Thumbnail by themikesmom Thumbnail by themikesmom
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

Nope, that's not mine. Mine is a deeper bronze, almost brown.. I think I remember this name somewhere in my pea brain.. lol...Cherokee Heritage

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/310930/

Concord, NC

wasnt saying it was..it is just an early bloomer I wanted to share..:-)

Concord, NC

heres my similar Magenta Pink Plicata...'MOUNT TIMP' BY Muhl 1945 :-)

Thumbnail by themikesmom
Camilla, GA(Zone 8a)

They are all so beautiful. Do you also have other colors. I have some newer ones and hope they will bloom this year... Many were given to me so they will be a surprise.. Can't wait..I hope you will keep posting your others..

Larkie..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.