Photos in wrong directions

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

I recently had all my photos of my Hellebores rejected. The reason was that they were either upside down or sideways. However, they were all correct when I viewed them so I really don't know what went wrong or how I could do it differently. Any advice?

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

I'm sending some here and they are sideways....but they aren't when I view them. Why is there no way to rotate images? I can see they are coming through all wonky, but I have no idea what to do about it.

Thumbnail by sladeofsky Thumbnail by sladeofsky Thumbnail by sladeofsky Thumbnail by sladeofsky
Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

It gets weirder. It's only the thumbs that are sideways, when I click them they are right side up.

Dearborn Heights, MI(Zone 6a)

I looked here and yes, the thumbnails are sideways and when I view them they are still sideways.
Guess that narrows it down to your end. This makes it even WEIRDER!
What browser do you use? Internet Explorer, what version? or another?
Sandy

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

I used my iPad. The ones that are wrong were submitted directly, but correct themselves when I click. I sent myself the images, saved them to my PC, and reposted. That seems to have done the trick, but a wee bit of an annoyance. I think sometimes Apple tries too hard to be user friendly with the side effect of taking away tools to correct issues. If anyone knows an easier way, I am open to advice. But, at least I found a way around it.

Thanks,
Slade

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

The part that still confuses me, (actually it's all confusing) is that the photos were right side up for me on the preview screen from DG. One would think that what I see is what everyone else would see. Go figure.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Every instance I've seen/heard of this situation happening here has had to do with hand-held products (phones, pads) - and mostly Apple products - but never from a PC or desk computer.

I have no further knowledge or experience as to why this might be, but it seems to be a pattern.

Maybe slade could experiment with what rotation of a photo on a device would show up here in the appropriate orientation, and then always post that way? It would have to be as simple as 90º right or 90º left.

Hmmm...inquiring minds want to know.

(Chris), IA(Zone 5a)

I just uploaded a picture to a forum and it was upright in my computer, but when it shows up in the preview and final upload - it has turned sideways. I'm wondering if it has to do with the pic size?

Louisville, KY(Zone 6b)

I think it is a compatibility issue. Some programs automatically correct orientation but when a photo from such a device is uploaded to a different viewer, it may be off kilter. If DG had a rotation tool, it would help.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

There is a setting in hand held devices with cameras that tells the device(s) what the orientation was when the photo was taken. So the device(s) know what it should always be oriented to. The way around this to agree with the rest of the world (until the tech catches up with this setting known to the hand held devices) is to import to your computer and rotate to the correct orientation and post this photo.

Here is an example of some chatter on Apple's forums

https://discussions.apple.com/message/12731171#12731171

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images