CLOSED: 2014 Spring Round Robin Seed Swap - On the Wing (page 2)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Greetings:

We continue the spectacle that is the 2014 Spring Round Robin Seed Swap!

This swap is closed to new participants but reserved for the following participants (and this IS the flight path)!
Each participant should contact the next person on the list when after they receive the Robin to ensure the next person is ready to receive. If you do not have a response from the participant, please let me know, and I will try to get them by telephone. If we can't reach you we won't send it to you!! Please check in daily if you can, just to see what's going on. Thanks!

Annette (Nanny23) - KY -

James (Juhur7) - IN

Robin (Mipii) - MI

Amanda (Badcat) - IL

Gypsy (Iowhen) - IA

Stephanie (Minnessipi) - MN

Dee (DomeHomeDee) - CA

Sylvia (Shorty_CA) - CA

Sue (Cheer Mom) - AZ

Becky (StillPlaysWithDirt) - TX

Sandy (IloveJesus99) - TX

Tina (Jokenna) - TX

Garry - AR

Sherie (FlSunshineGal) - FL

Kevin (GaMadGardener) - GA

Kerrie (Chickory31) - NC

Beth (bethw336) - NC

Mike2147 - NC

Return to Amanda (AmandaEsq) - NC

This IS the flight path. If you don't see your name here, please let me know so I can work out the flight path.

If it is convenient and does not impose undue burden on participants we may, on a case by case basis, continue to accept participants.

EVERYONE:

Please ensure that the HOST has your current shipping address, telephone number, that you are a paid subscriber through at least May 2014 and that you check in on this thread on DG daily so we don't have to chase you when the Robin is headed your way.

If we don't hear from you - we won't ship to you. Your name will go to the end of the list, and you may receive the Robin on its return flight.

RULZ:

In the interest of FAIRNESS to participants
and to maintain the INTEGRITY of the Round Robin tradition
we each agree to:

(1) Treat the Robin as an individual swap taking the same time and care with our contributions to the Robin as we would with an individual trade;
(2) Take what you want, give what you can, generous in contribution and modest in appropriation - particularly if the amount of seed in the Robin is scant;
(3) Contribute only seed of known origin (commercial seed, harvested from our own garden, etc.) not older than 2011;
(4) Package our seed contributions to the Robin in clear plastic zip lock bags and/or glassine envelopes so that contents are visible and easily accessible by other participants in the Robin;
(5) Properly label our seed contributions to the Robin with our DG Name, common and botanical name of species contributed, and date of origin (PREFERABLY ON PAPER LABEL INSIDE BAG/ENVELOPE);
(6) Respond within 24 hours to communications from other participants and HOST of the Robin by dmail, telephone, or other means deemed acceptable by the HOST;
(7) Post on the main thread the arrival and departure date(s) of the Robin into and out of each participant's possession;
(8) Maintain possession of the Robin not longer than 4 days including holidays and weekends;
(9) Ship the Robin to the next participant as directed by the HOST;
(10) Submit USPS tracking/confirmation information by dmail to the HOST only, not by public thread;
(11) Be a good sport; and/or
(12) Be hung in effigy and/or ostracized forever by participants and/or HOST for failure to follow these RULZ.

We are a friendly bunch dedicated to seed swapping and hoarding.

Many of us have participated in this time honored tradition hosted in the past by Susie (deejay9). Some of us have not participated in the Robin before. Please feel free to ask any questions of the HOST or participants on this public thread or by dmail.

Thanks for playing and for unabashedly pointing out any flaws or errors inherent in the HOST's logic or lack thereof.

~Amanda

Thumbnail by AmandaEsq
Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Since I'm next I thought I'd post.
Yahoo . . . the robin is about to arrive!
I have lots of seeds to add and can't wait to see what's inside.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

One of these has 24 different seed types from the Robin , this time ,, The trick or performance for me will be getting them all to live ...
Toothpick and baggie ID markers .. ^_^

Domehomedee; Have a Great Time with that ! ..

Thumbnail by juhur7
Mount Sterling, KY(Zone 6b)

Have fun Domehomedee!

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I was reserved this time. Only grabbed 4 variety...weird, I know.

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Steph you're so weird. Ha ha ha....

Thanks for playing. :D

(Robin) Blissfield, MI(Zone 6a)

Steph...what? Why? That's not very hoardy of you. You may need a refresher hoarding course.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

So far from the Robin
Hyacinth beans
White Swan Echinacea
Both of the Catgrass , (from me
Well the Peppers from me (but I am a little concerned with their germination rate ,, Black pearl seedling I have are getting close to the light growing them and are turning red , Lots of heat for them to do that ...
Most are not sprouting all that fast , but then there is really no reason for them to . it's cold ..
When the 24 above start to sprout I will snitch on us all some more ,,lol
Of course some will be stratifying about the time this starts all over again ...^_^

Most of my flower seedlings look like .. well bad ...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

I'm only a few stops away!

CheerMom
Sue g

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I could have grabbed so many more, but i was sitting there looking at my existing hoardnof seeds and juat couldnt dobit. Besides, we are putting our house on the market tomorrow and ive got no time to grow anything new. I will plant my mixed bag stuff to fill in what i plan on taking out so i dont leave bare spots.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm still way down the list - it's a good lesson in patience, what every gardener needs, lol! So you all just take your time, and HURRY up!! :)

Stephanie, just bad timing...I get it now. For the life of me, I couldn't figure that out. Perhaps one of the last things a hoarder learns is when enough is enough!

LOL FLSun!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

I sure hope it gets here today.
It's kinda cold outside so it's a good day to rummage through the box.
I will put my full attention to doing just that when it arrives, and then it will be heading south to Sylvia.

I have some asters from the fall robin starting to bloom!

(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

Has anyone here ever grown this plant ? & what can you tell me about it if it grows in your yard ? I took some out of the fall robin we did . & would like to know about it from someone who has grown it . ty
Queen-of-the-Prairie Filipendula rubra.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I just re-read my post...clearly I need to re-read before I post when I'm using my phone :/

House was listed last night...fingers crossed. Now I just need the tenants to let me in so I can make necessary repairs. They bought a house and moved out, but paid through the end of the month. Don't want to let me in to make repairs from their damages because they don't want me using their electricity...how petty can you be over being charged for large nail and screw holes in the walls. (Shanking my head so much my neck hurts) Can't wait until I am no longer a landlord...UGH!

This cold weather is killing me too...more snow last night - but not the 15-18" they got only 30 minutes north of me. Only had about an inch here.

**Steps down from soap box**

Thank you and good night :)

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7b)

Good morning. :)

Just checking in. It's still a mad house, but you knew that before.

Hope everyone has a blessed Easter weekend.

A.

Winter's almost over Steph, hang in there...

I second Amanda's sentiment and wish her and all of you a Blessed Easter weekend too. Thank-you Jesus.

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

The robin arrived and I have done the deed. I have contacted Sylvia and will be mailing out today!
Thanks everyone for the seeds. I found some good ones and learned about a few I sure wish I could grow here. It always requires a bit of research to find out what will grow and what won't. There are some downfalls to living in California, I can't grow anything that needs a freeze.
My perennial flower garden. . . yesterday.

Thumbnail by Domehomedee
Manhattan Beach, CA(Zone 10b)

Awesome Dee! I'm excited the robin is about to fly again.

I may be spending Easter buried with the robin instead of family... rofl.

You're right about needing to research what will grow here. I will have a lot of work to do to learn what seeds in the robin will grow here.

While much of the country is just beginning to see spring flowers and bulbs grow some of my gladiolus are over five feet tall, my roses have been blooming since the first of February and my azaleas and several iris's are almost finished blooming for the season.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy Easter everyone!

Gotta share my excitement (non seed related) As I mentioned previously, we listed our duplex on Wednesday evening. I got a notification of a showing today, then a cancellation, then another showing, then another cancellation. Feeling defeated. Then got another call, BOTH reschedule for the SAME TIME!! Double showing happening in 2 minutes!!
Fingers crossed so hard Im loosing feeling!! Wish us luck!

AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Beautiful garden DHD! Happy Easter to everybody!

I agree with Nanny, beautiful garden and really cute home Dee!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

Thanks for the compliments. This is the first spring that the flower garden has been fenced. It's amazing how many more flowers I have without the deer eating them. Little devils really like the alstroemeria.

The robin took flight today.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9a)

Dee, your member name makes a lot more sense now - what a neat home! I just love your perennial garden too, it's gorgeous!

Based on tracking information the robin will not land until Monday.

ZOMG! The robin has landed! It's stuffed to the max. It arrived just when I'm in the middle of backing cakes, pies, and onion bread for tomorrow.

Thumbnail by Shorty_CA
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That was fast wasn't it ,, zooom !!!^_^

cinnamon Basil &Golden Margurettes from there , (Robin) sprouted last night ...Hyacinth Beans are starting to climb the Willow tree ..

I so excited about Domehomedee's garden , I got edited ,, oh well , back to my corner to work on self control.

This message was edited Apr 19, 2014 6:11 PM

This message was edited Apr 19, 2014 6:29 PM

ROFL Juhur7. The fast shipping is because Domehomedee lives less than 200 miles from me.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Shorty_CA Well heck,, that's only a four and a half hour drive here ,! lol Could of waited for the weekend and drove it there , on that weekend outing ,,lol ^_^

The scenic route ,, !!! lol

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

That was fast. Less than 24 hours has got to set some kind of record. I didn't even take it to the main post office, which I know everything has to go through. That means like four post offices' in 24 hours.
Shorty - I grew up in Long Beach, just a hop, skip, and a jump from where your mom lives.
Everybody have a good day tomorrow with family and friends. My grand-daughter is so excited that the Easter bunny is coming!

(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Holy smokes she's whizzing right along!! And I just realized I'm only 2 stops away.. Aaaaagh the suspense.. 😄

I realized earlier that I never planted jelly beans with my 3 year old like I had planned. You plant the jelly beans, water them, then 2-3 days later they have grown into lollipops!! Lol I was dying to do it but in the madness of life I forgot.. Maybe we can still plant the beans today..

Thumbnail by StillPlaysWDirt

That is such a cute idea! I never heard of it, but I think I will try that with my bunch! Thanks Becky! Happy Easter! Speaking of my bunch, I got them all hopped up on Easter candy and sent them home last night. Ha Ha I call that "Nana's Revenge".

Left to right
Gabriel, Alishia, and Lucy(named for my grandmother)

Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23 Thumbnail by Nanny23
(Becky), Lipan, TX(Zone 7b)

Aw so cute!! Hoppy Easter to everyone :)

Lol...cute, cute, cute. Thanks for sharing Becky and Nanny! Happy Easter.

BELLEVILLE, IL(Zone 6b)

hahaha Nanny!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7b)

The little ones are so much fun. I got to play "hide the eggs" in my backyard for a hour before dinner last night with my 5 year old grand-daughter. Being a grandma is great.

Just waiting for Alzheimer or senility to set in so I can have as much fun finding the eggs I hide too.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Quote from Mipii :
Just waiting for Alzheimer or senility to set in so I can have as much fun finding the eggs I hide too.

Already there ,, done that !!! ^_^ lol?

LOL! Getting old has it's perks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.