Check out my new sprinkler!

Phoenix, AZ

It was custom designed by Kenneth of Voltaire (TM). My drip/sprinkler system broke several years ago. And as you can see from my yard... digging and installing a new one is not gonna happen. This is a golf course sprinkler on a tri-pod. All I need now is a timer :)

Thumbnail by Fish_knees
Mesa, AZ

That Kenneth of Voltaire (TM) is quite a magician!
I found a timer that ran on a battery at HD for around $30. You fasten it on the spigot bib, then fasten the hose to the timer. Leave the water turned on, and the battery will open and close the water flow. I also put a Y connecter on the bib, so I could have the timer run the mister system and a hose for any other water needs. Worked great at the old house to turn the misters on and off for my birds. I brought it here and still use it for the bird misters. It is at least 5 years old. I am sure I saw them at HD the last time I was perusing their shelves...

Phoenix, AZ

Thanks for the info Susie!

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

I have 5 battery operated timers at the house in Mesa, including one that has 4 stations. I've found that you can buy the same brand at WM as HD,and it's cheaper by a few dollars.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

What a heavenly garden Fishie!

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I'm so happy that the sprinkler worked out for you. Good to know that it still has a working life. No retirement for that bad boy.

Phoenix, AZ

Got a timer today @ Walmart $25

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

Good job!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.