On eBay store (not mentioned in Garden Watchdog

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Have been looking for toad lilies (Michigan and Brecks have bunches of varieties...yah yah,
I did find a pretty one on firstclassgardens /Elilyfarm. They have good feedback there...but so do some of the companies that are rated high on eBay and about 50% here.

I will check back for any feedback..am between eye surgeries and reading is a bit iffy right now :0

Litchfield, NH(Zone 5b)

Motts,

Did you already find your toad lilies? If not, I have a few varieties, and would be happy to do a trade with you if you have some things I am seeking. My lists are pretty up to date, though I actually think I have 3 or 4 varieties of TL now, though they may not all be on my list. Feel free to check my "want" list and let me know if you're interested.

Jen

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

On eBay the buyer protection is only for 90 days. Most things do not bloom in that time so the sellers can send you what ever they want and by the time it blooms you cannot do anything. You cannot change your feedback once you make it, your item number will expire and they wipe out the whole transaction. They will not even let you email the seller, you are out of luck.

On Watchdog you can leave your feedback or change your feedback whenever you want.

Hope your eyes are doing well. :)

susan

south central, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi, eye surgery went fine. I have my long sight back!!!
I did find a couple of places to order. Will check out the plants in the garden..when it stops raining and the mosquitos calm down.
I did order from firstclassgardens. The "rare orchid one" was actually one widely available (name escapes me) I contacted them, they apologized and refunded the money.
They explained that the plants were from one of their venders......Michigan Bulb Co. I gave them the feedback that they might want to rethink that relationship. The garden is growing like weeds and it is growing Weeds> Lots of rain. I am watching one patch of toad lilies and am really hoping that it is the special one that I got from danpleasantgardens last season. Just beautiful. I need to look for the marker..better said than done..I need it to remember the name. He didn't carry it this season.
Will keep posted.

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

I am glad you surgery went well. Michigan bulb is a separate company and they do get a lot of bad feedback. Lots of eBayers would get bad feedback if the Buyer Protection lasted more than 90 days. This is not a good place to buy plants, almost nothing blooms in 90 days.

Be ware of people who sell you stuff before they have it. If you order a plant from someone they should already be growing it, there is no good reason for them to order it from Michigan Bulb and then mail it to you after they get it? NO!

Michigan Bulb has very small plants, I have ordered from them and gotten some nice plants but I would grow them about three years before they are as big as the ones I get else where. But, CHEAP is the word! LOL.

susan

Michigan bulb company is for gardners that are not fussy. I have ordered from them once years ago and will not repeat that mistake. I didn't get what I waned.

I would stay away from firstclassgardens also since they deal with Michigan Bulb. Actually, he stole one of my copyrighted photos on Ebay last winter to illustrate how to sow daylily seeds. I reported him. Wouldn't he have his own photo if he had what he said he had. He also uses other people's photos to illustrate his daylilies and irises. Wonder what he does send. Takes a year or more to find out when it blooms.

South Lake Tahoe, CA(Zone 6a)

We grow our plants for at least a season to make sure it is properly ID'd.
So I can see the flower too!

Portsmouth, VA(Zone 8a)

They know this and they can post any picture they want and say this is it, or this is the seed? You will not know for a full season and by then your warranty and Item number will be expired. Like me, you will not be able to get in touch with seller, but if you pitch a fit they will pipe you to a foreign country and make you talk to someone who does not know English. LOL!!

Algonquin, IL(Zone 5a)

Motts1 - Why don't you search for Toad Lilies in PlantFiles. Many varieties will show venders selling that variety. Using the link on each vender's name makes it easy to check them out in GardenWatchdog.

I brought up 59 varieties just by typing in "Toad Lily". Adding "Tricyrtis brought up the same list.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/adv_search.php?searcher%5Bcommon%5D=Toad+Lily&searcher%5Bfamily%5D=&searcher%5Bgenus%5D=Tricyrtis&searcher%5Bspecies%5D=&searcher%5Bcultivar%5D=&searcher%5Bhybridizer%5D=&searcher%5Bgrex%5D=&search_prefs%5Bblank_cultivar%5D=&search_prefs%5Bsort_by%5D=rating&images_prefs=both&Search=Search

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.