CACSS Show & Sale at Desert Botanical Garden Phoenix

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

This Friday April 4th through Sunday April 6th is the Central Arizona Cactus & Succulent Show & Sale at the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix, Arizona. The show is included with membership in the Club or paid Garden admission. Hope some of the Phoenix area members on Dave's Garden will get over to see it and maybe buy a plant or two from our vendors. There will also be pottery for sale.

Thumbnail by NancySLAZ
Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi Nancy.

went by the show and sale yesterday. Got a few nice plants. There is a great selection there. Could easily have walked away with a lot more plants, but I am already well past the original Spring season limit on my plant spending budget.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

So happy you got some nice different plants. That's what I like about the vendors. They have plants you don't see everywhere.
Did you go into see the Show also?

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Just shortly, I have a back issue going on that limits my ability to walk/stand for any significant amount of time, so by the time I walked from the truck to the place in the garden where the show and sale was and looked at the plants I was already pushing my pain threshold pretty badly, so I took a quick peek. As I remember from the last time I went to a show and sale (a few years ago) the plants all looked gorgeous.
Now that I have actually managed to renew my CACSS membership without a hiatus of a year or more I will make this a regular entry in my calendar. Maybe I will eventually have a plant to enter in the show.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

So happy you renewed. I'm Nancy Mumpton. If you come to a meeting sometime, I'd love to meet you. Sorry about your back. I have a CACSS friend who just last Tuesday underwent 8 hours of back surgery at Barrow's to try to help him.

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

This was the first real succulent show I have ever been to and I was very impressed. The plants were exceptional specimens. Even the pots were, in many cases, very unique and certainly made the presentation of the plants even more special. I did encounter one dilemma
and that's was how to pick a favorite. I mean, come on, I had at least 50 favorites.
All the folks working the show were very friendly and helpful. I also met Greg Starr; I am a big fan of his book on Agaves. It was an extra special day!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

HI Nancy,

I will try and make it to one of the meetings over the summer, when I tend to have a little more time on Sundays. My full name is Thijs van Soest (I am Dutch, but have lived in the US for a bit over 14 years now).
The next few weekends will be spent planting and repotting my many many spring acquisitions I went a little crazier than normal this spring for some reason. :)

Lisle, IL(Zone 5a)

OCD, Obsessive Cactus Disorder.

Decatur, GA

Obsessive Caudiciform Disorder.

Baja California, Mexico(Zone 11)

Obsessive Crassulaceae Disorder.

Sun Lakes, AZ(Zone 9b)

In May Doug Dawson who is a terrific grower especially of lithops and similar plants is going to speak on miniature cactus and succulents that are native to Arizona. I think it will be very informative. Just to tempt you a little!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.